Dunns Swamp - Status?

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 10, 2007 at 11:24
ThreadID: 41059 Views:2008 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Doe's anyone know whether Dunns Swamp (NSW) is open at the moment?

I know that the northern part of the Wollemi Ntnl park was closed due to the bush fires recently, but after doing a search I can't find out if it is currently open or not.

The RFS website lists it as "Patrol", & I've been phoning the Mudgee NPWS but no one answers.

Any info would be appreciated, as we are heading out that way this weekend.

Also can small outboards be used on the dam?? or is it only for unpowered craft?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Bigfella - Wednesday, Jan 10, 2007 at 12:26

Wednesday, Jan 10, 2007 at 12:26
Yes, it is open.
I spent between Christmas and New Year there. You can have a camp fire in the built fireplaces (so long as there is no total fire ban) and the firewood is even supplied. There is a huge pile near one of the toilets.
Yes, you can have small outboards as well. Don't quote me but I think only up to about 4 knots on the water.
There are some limited supplies available off the guy who hires out the canoes. You can check him out on www.wollemiafloat.com.au
He brought out ice for me each morning for $3.50 a bag.
Dunns Swamp would be one of my favourite spots in NSW. As I live in Bathurst it is only about an hour and half away. At only $3 per night per person it is great value.
Cheers
The Bigfella
AnswerID: 214401

Follow Up By: Ozrover - Wednesday, Jan 10, 2007 at 12:36

Wednesday, Jan 10, 2007 at 12:36
Bigfella.

Thanks for that, it was a toss up between Newnes & Dunns Swamp for the weekend.

I'd prefer Dunns Swamp because I want to try out my new Porta-Bote & give the camper a go, first time for both.

FollowupID: 474631

Sponsored Links