Secure <span class="highlight">GPS</span> directories,

Submitted: Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 14:40
ThreadID: 42153 Views:2280 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Just got an Email from my Son in Brisbane , I thought it worthy of sharing with other EO Members ,
It's something that has already been in my mind and do move them but sometimes a memory jolt is a good thing.

Friday February 9, 01:06 PM
Secure GPS directories, motorists told
Motorists are being warned to secure their GPS street directories as the devices' popularity increases with drivers and thieves.

NSW Police are advising drivers to remove the GPS - Global Positioning System - directories from full-view, and either take the device with them, or store them in a secure position until they return to their vehicles.

Hot-spots for GPS thefts include shopping centre car parks, street parking, security car parks and off-street parking facilities.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 16:23

Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 16:23
Had Christmas camping down northen NSW.
Few cars got broken into and the the GPSs stolen.
One bloke had put it down under the seat but left the suction cup holder on the dash.
Nothing elese stolen in most cases.

The hot thing to have this year.
AnswerID: 220835

Reply By: Member - Stephen M (NSW) - Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 16:31

Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 16:31
Just had that in our local paper here in Penrith ( The Press) about the theft of these items and as you said car parks etc... the worse one in our area is the car park near the station. Luckily my suction cap comes all off as one so less mucking around. Little Bastar@s Cant keep there light fingers in there pockets. They reckon the ok shops are making a killing but I thought these joints are suppose to ask for ID when purchasing from the supplier, obviously not. They should go for a row too knowing that 99% of these things would be stolen. Steve M
AnswerID: 220837

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (W.A) - Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 16:47

Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 16:47
All this BS is being driven by the need for drugs, Tell ya what... They need whipping in public , I'll vollunteer the first dealer of lash, already got one but would get a better one for the much pleasing job, the mongrels would all be drying out behind bars if I had a say in it , politicians are P#ss weak, they listen too much to the do-gooders and civil rights mob, these mongrels don't deserve rights,
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 481486

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen M (NSW) - Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 16:56

Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 16:56
Totally agree with you there Doug. I"ll stand beside you with the other whipp see whos got the most strength to whip the hardest. Deadshi@s and as you said p#ss week poli's. Steve M
FollowupID: 481489

Follow Up By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 17:48

Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 17:48
Wife reckons the old fashioned stocks would work better.
24 hours locked up at a local shopping centre, then let them go.
Especially if the local fruit shop supplied a box or two of old fruit.
I don't think their mates would hang back from a bit of fun throwing fruit either.

But the civil liberty people would really complain about the physcological damage.

But who cares about the stress the victim suffers from their antics?
FollowupID: 481506

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (W.A) - Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 17:55

Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 17:55
stuff there physcological damage, what about our damage and loss of personal property, Ohh I guess that don't count as far as the civil liberty prickks go,
Yeh the stocks would be good .....after the bloody whipping and as for fruit, geez rotton potatoes are vial,
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 481509

Follow Up By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 18:23

Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 18:23
No, no whipping, thats the establishment having a go at them.
They become a matyr for their friends.

Let them be put down in front of their peers, by their peers.
FollowupID: 481528

Reply By: Member - Arkay (SA) - Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 18:06

Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 18:06
This is the new rash of thefts we had to have.
AnswerID: 220856

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (W.A) - Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 18:43

Friday, Feb 09, 2007 at 18:43
Might pop into Bunnings or some place tomorrow and get me one of them engravers, Actally my Nuvi 660 has a 4 digit code that has to be entered or taken to a location before it will start
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 481537

Sponsored Links