<span class="highlight">Kalamunda</span> Toyota

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 18:45
ThreadID: 49366 Views:3427 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Well thats what websites are for warning people of substandard places.
GF has just had her 40k service on her Hilux and was charged another 100 or so $ due to the axle nuts being cross threaded. they said there is no way they couldnt have known and are prepared to stand up for her when she gets back to peth and hits Kalamunda toyota up for the repair.
Last place it went for the 20k was Kalamunda and it is the only place it could have happened.
Just one other question seeing as it was without dought a Toyota service centre that stuffed it up shouldnt Karratha Toyota have fixed it and persued Kalamunda toyota for the cash?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - lyndon K (SA) - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 20:00

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 20:00
G'day Davoe
Had the same happen to me at a tyre centre once, was lucky i just hasppend to back of the nuts to re torque before a big trip.
Some of them just peeled the thread off with the nut while some just broke. They wouldn't admit to it! My guess is someone put the nuts on with a rattle gun without starting them by hand first.
To answer your question, yes and no. Problem is that they only had your word that the wheels had not beeen on and off since the service.
In my case it could have cost us our lives had it happened in a remote place. Can't say iv'e been real happy with my Toyo servicing either!
Out of warranty soon, so the next Toyo service will be the last!
Cheers Lyndon
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 260561

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Nullagine) - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 21:00

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 21:00
No this was the axle nuts the 50 oddmm or what ever it is you pull off to grease the front bearings, It wouldnt be hard to explain how it could only be their fault
FollowupID: 521987

Follow Up By: Member - lyndon K (SA) - Thursday, Sep 06, 2007 at 08:47

Thursday, Sep 06, 2007 at 08:47
Cricky!!!! Was probably wasted when he did it up? How else could you ------ it up?
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 522078

Reply By: ozwasp - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 21:02

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 21:02
Hi All

I've had bad service from Toyota as well. MIDLAND TOYOTA

They generally do a pretty good job although they didn't want to pick up the warranty after they rebuilt the head.

I had the head rebuilt ($2800) on my 2000 2.7L Hilux and all went well until the exhaust manifold gasket started leaking - A pretty easy job to fix.

I picked the fault up earlier, but waited till a service to get it done and told them prior to service it was leaking and they even checked it

Took it in for service and got it back without being done - they said they were too busy and would have to do it in a few weeks time (I had to wait 4 weeks to get it serviced in the first place).

Dropped it back off 3 weeks later and they fixed it up but said I had to pay for it because it was 2 days past the 1 year warranty. I couldn't believe it - I told them if they'd done the job in the first place that this wouldn't have eventuated and that I wasn't paying.

Got a phone call back fron the saying they'd foot the bill this time and generally tried to make me feel like an bleep (excuse my french).

There's a Scottish guy behing the counter at MIDLAND TOYOTA named GEORGE who comes accross as very polite and obliging, but became a real prick when this small issue came up. If you have anything to do with him be aware.

Cheers, Will.
AnswerID: 260576

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Nullagine) - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 21:18

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 21:18
This wasnt meant to be a Toyota service centre bashing exercise if it was I would reel off the shocking complete and dangerous lack of service incedents by Kalgoorlie toyota on my work vehicles
there is no doubt about it though when she gets back to perth i will be hunting down a decent convenient place NOT Toyota
The upside is at least they found the fault alot of service centres would have looked at the condition of the truck and figured they could get away without greasing the bearings but still charged

Any way i thought it was worth mentioning so any one considering a "genuine" service at Kalamunda would change their mind
FollowupID: 521995

Reply By: Member - Doug T (Qld) - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 21:17

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007 at 21:17
I had all my work done at Prosser Toyota at Gosnells , they seem to give good service and customer relations
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 260578

Reply By: V8Diesel - Friday, Sep 07, 2007 at 18:06

Friday, Sep 07, 2007 at 18:06
Sent my 100 Series in for the recall and took off straight from the Toyota dealer to drive up north. At Kalbarri I detected a 'funny' feeling in the Cruiser so I got out have a look.

Front wheel nuts loose to the extent of nearly coming off. I only do my own servicing as a rule but this was a recall so I just sent it back as requested.

Still makes me shudder. A few more km's and it would have been real nasty at 110kmh on a bend in a fully loaded vehicle minus a front wheel.

No cocky, self important meth addled teenager on minimum wage will lay a spanner on my Cruiser again.

AnswerID: 260903

Sponsored Links