Nissan Navara D40 modifications

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 20, 2007 at 12:28
ThreadID: 50713 Views:8240 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All. I just wanted to ask a few questions. I want to buy a new D40 Navara but I want to add a few modifications to it but I don't want to make my vehicle illegal as I don't want to void my insurance.
Suspension: the Qld Transports mod rules talks more about lowering vehicles (ie not reducing ride height measurement between the rubber bump stop and the metal stop by more than one third) but they don't mention anything about increased ride height other than not using extended shackles on leaf springs. Does this mean that there are no restrictions on suspension lift heights as long as extended shackles aren't used? How much lift can be achieved without using extended shackles? Any recommendation on good kits?
Tyres: Qld Transport rules say "the overall diameter of the tyre must not vary by more than +15mm". That doesn't allow much. What with all these rigs getting around with 33" and 35" tyres. They would obviously contravene the QT rules. How are they legal? Why would they drive around with an illegal vehicle if insurance is void if the vehicle is illegal? They may as well not have insurance. What's the deal?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Shane D (QLD) - Saturday, Oct 20, 2007 at 12:43

Saturday, Oct 20, 2007 at 12:43
Don't know for sure RE height mods.
The tyre height rule can be "got around" by getting an engineers certificate, Have no idea what that would require, and If worst came to worst for the 33/35" brigade, and they went a-up they would have some HARD questions to answer.
Shane
AnswerID: 267511

Reply By: Daz_QLD - Saturday, Oct 20, 2007 at 22:52

Saturday, Oct 20, 2007 at 22:52
Couldn't find modification engineers in the yellow pages. Got a referral to a guy who was a certifier but he still didn't have a clue (and he apparently worked for QT).
AnswerID: 267600

Sponsored Links