Navigation

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 15, 2008 at 16:45
ThreadID: 59789 Views:1980 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have just purchased a Garmin GPS map 76csx, installed MapSource program Trip & Waypoint Manager on my pc running VISTA.
Downloaded Shonkymaps. Now, how do I get the Shonkymaps to my Garmin ?? I have the USB cable connecting Garmin to pooter but all the owners manual instructs is to upload ????.How, in step by step stages ,does one do that.
Regards Lynsay.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graeme W (NSW) - Tuesday, Jul 15, 2008 at 16:48

Tuesday, Jul 15, 2008 at 16:48
I found these instructions on the web. They worked for me.

Once you choose a map from the drop down list use the map tool (which you select by pressing "m" or "map" on the tools menu). With the map tool selected you click on the area's on the visible map that you wish to send to your GPS. THESE area's will appear in the map list on the left hand side and will also change to a pinkish colour. You can then change the main map from the drop down list to select (say contours) to add to the list.

If you wish to add a whole state or even the whole country you can first zoom out so that you see the whole state (or country) and then use the map tool (m) to drag a box around the whole area. You will see then that you have a large amount of maps in your list.

Once you have selected all the maps you wish and assuming you have not exceeded the GPS's available memory you use the "Transfer to Device" tool to send the maps to your GPS.

NOTE: If your gps has any maps already loaded (excepting the base map) these will be erased when you upload maps to the gps. Meaning each time you send maps (with mapsource) to your gps you MUST select all the maps you wish loaded on your GPS.
Lake Eyre 2011

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 315440

Follow Up By: lmasters - Tuesday, Jul 15, 2008 at 17:35

Tuesday, Jul 15, 2008 at 17:35
Thanks Graeme, It works great. You are a LEGEND.
Regards,
Lynsay.
FollowupID: 581587

Sponsored Links