<span class="highlight">Scangauge</span> alternatives

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:42
ThreadID: 60098 Views:1774 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Morning team,

Has anyone had any success with anything other than scangauge in their Patrols? I have spoken to a couple of people and they all say the scangauge won’t work in the patrol because they are not ODBII compliant and that Nissan use their own protocol.

Apparently there is some software out there that can some how run on my laptop with some cable and then some how show some stats from the management system but I am yet to find any information on that.

Can anyone help?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rod, Sydney - Thursday, Jul 24, 2008 at 17:50

Thursday, Jul 24, 2008 at 17:50
Hi Troll 81.
You have lofty ambitions! I'd settle for some basic instrumentation for my Landcruiser that showed average fuel usage. I'm still annoyed, 4 years later, that for the amount of money paid for the vehicle I don't have (and can't get) a basic trip computer.
Cheers, Rod
Rod, Perth

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 316960

Reply By: Member - Bentaxle - Thursday, Jul 24, 2008 at 22:17

Thursday, Jul 24, 2008 at 22:17
I've just been down this road and have returned my scangauge to seller. It would appear that only the 3L Diesel Patrols are partially OBDII compliant, the scangauge will work quite happily on other Patrol models.
Mike
May the fleas of a thousand afghan camels infect the crutch of your enemy and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 317041

Sponsored Links