Adding <span class="highlight">Shonkymaps</span> to Garmin Nuvi

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 19, 2008 at 21:30
ThreadID: 60904 Views:4801 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am trying to add a couple of Shonkymaps maps to my Garmin Nuvi 760. From reading the forums I thought I should be able to load both Full Topo and also maps without contours but I have only been able to load one or the other. If I select all files for both sets and transfer to the SD card, I do not get the 2 Shonkymaps options on the Nuvi screen (only City Navigator or one Shonkymaps option - which has contours). Is it possible to load both sets of Shonkymaps and be able to select which map I want from the Garmin screen options
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: festy - Wednesday, Aug 20, 2008 at 08:22

Wednesday, Aug 20, 2008 at 08:22
I'd imagine that's because both Shonky maps are on the same layer?
What about loading the Shonky map without contours along with Contours Australia v2? Then your contour lines can be switched on or off, and you also get 10m contour intervals instead of the 50m intervals that come with Shonky.
AnswerID: 321368

Reply By: Louie the fly (SA) - Wednesday, Aug 20, 2008 at 15:54

Wednesday, Aug 20, 2008 at 15:54
As far as I can remember (I don't have my Garmin with me so I can't check), all the shonkymaps that you load will be active when you tick shonkymaps in the menu. And I think Festy is right about the maps being in layers. I think you select that in Garmin Mapsource before you load them the the GPS.
AnswerID: 321418

Sponsored Links