Bungle Bungles - Purnululu NP Feedback

Glad to read your trek notes of the Bungle Bungles. I have experienced going their twice the 1st. trip was a flying day trip out of Kununurra in June 2002. On that trip we saw Ord River project, El Questro Station, Argyle diamond mind where we had a guided tour & lunch, as well as the Bungle Bungles. It was a fantastic trip & as we got off the plane back at Kununurra little did we know that we would be back the next year only driving. The following year was a fantastic trip, we flew from Melbourne to Kununurra, hire a twin cab ute & away we went. We drove to El Questro & stayed there for 3 nights in a tented cabin, we had a great time there with walks & hot springs. We then drove to the bungles for a further 3 days , what a dive that last 65 klms took approx. 3 hours. The bush camp there was fantastic & such an experience. We were so well catered for, the washing & toilet facilities were unusual to us & very clean & well maintained. As for the walks & rock formations they were out of this world. We found that having 3 days there gave us time to do the walks & not have to rush them & get ourselves tired . We have told many people about our experiences in the Bungle Bungles & shown them our photos. We will certainly go back again. We also tell people don't wait until you are too old because some parts of the walks can be exhausting.I would certainly recommend that you include The Bungle Bungles if you are going to Kimberly's.
Paul & Helen Brennan.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Dogman (WA) - Friday, Sep 19, 2008 at 22:19

Friday, Sep 19, 2008 at 22:19
Thanks for the info, I am heading to the Kimberly's tomorrow and was not sure about the Bungle Bungles but now will definity be going there for a couple of days.
AnswerID: 326201

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Saturday, Sep 20, 2008 at 05:31

Saturday, Sep 20, 2008 at 05:31
Can also thoroughly recommend the Bungle Bungles. We went up in a chopper which was awesome but not sure they will be flying because of the fatality.
AnswerID: 326216

Reply By: Motherhen - Monday, Sep 22, 2008 at 13:50

Monday, Sep 22, 2008 at 13:50
Chopper would be great - but ground level is much better if you can't do both. Do all the short walks. The one into Cathedral Gorge is really special and you won't see that from the air. We camped there for two days - one night at each campsite, so we could do the walks and avoid the heat of the day. We did all the walks except the two plus days Piccaniny Creek walk. We spent a lovely afternoon at the Walardi camp watching a variety of birds. There are two sunset viewing areas. The rocks at the northen and southern sections are quite different, with the southern end being overall more scenic with the many domes.

Image Could Not Be Found

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 326548

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Monday, Sep 22, 2008 at 18:07

Monday, Sep 22, 2008 at 18:07
We also walked to Cathedral Gorge and agree it is well worth while.

The chopper gives you a sense of the scale of things.
AnswerID: 326578

Sponsored Links