<span class="highlight">Goomburra</span> Valley Campground

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 09, 2008 at 21:51
ThreadID: 63389 Views:8227 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know if this lovely campground has changed hands recently? We would love to go back there, as it has been a year since we were last there and found the owners to be exceptionally rude, so I just hoped that it may have changed ownership.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve - Sunday, Nov 09, 2008 at 23:11

Sunday, Nov 09, 2008 at 23:11
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Personal Attacks Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
AnswerID: 334436

Reply By: Miss(an)Jo - Toad Keeper (Bris - Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 09:57

Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 09:57
personal attacks rule! come on!!!! The woman is making a comment on how they were treated rudely by the owner last time they were there! Unbelievable!

Andrea someone mentioned Goomburra probably about a month or so ago and from what I can gather the rude owner is still there but everyone now goes and camps at Gordon Country which is near Goomburra. Google Gordon Country and their website will come up, others have stayed there, it looks all right, will go and check it out myself one day.
AnswerID: 334465

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:37

Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:37
It was not her post that was moderated.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 602236

Reply By: Member - Porl - Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:37

Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:37
Rude or just grumpy? By the looks of the camprground facilities I reckon they would get their fair shair of idiots booking big functions that might test anyone's sensibilities.

I would have thought you'd go there get your site and not relate to the owner at all or is that he/she comes round making unwanted comments or something?

Since a post about pademelons (or bettongs) I am thinking of heading there sometime so would love some clarification.
AnswerID: 334477

Follow Up By: Andrea11 - Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:26

Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:26
The previous owner Dean was the man that developed the campground and all it's facilities. The current owners come around to your site making unwanted down right nasty comments, and when one asks why this is necessary the reply is that the property belongs to him and you can leave. That has been our experience infact the last time my husband was accused of being a thief because he picked up a star picket that he tripped on and leant it up against a tree close by, when the owner came around he asked why it had been moved and the next comment that came from the owners mouth was "I would hate to leave my wallet lying around" when we asked what his problem was he just said you can go if you like and made it very clear we were unwelcome. That is the reason we would not go back and are hoping it has changed hands, as it is a beautful peaceful spot to camp
FollowupID: 602248

Follow Up By: Moose - Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:56

Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:56
G'day Porl
There has been a post in the past about that camp ground, however there were no specific details as to what the behavious was. We now have one instance from Andrea11.
Perhaps the guy was having a bad day. It's hard to imagine that he'd still be in business if his attitude to everyone was bad all the time.
You could also have a look at Gordon Country - if there are critters at GVC they'd also be at GC.
Why not give the guy at GVC a call - I'm sure that if he's always rude you'll soon find out from a phone call.
Cheers from the Moose
FollowupID: 602256

Follow Up By: Member - Porl - Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:58

Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:58
True moose, maybe I'll do a one night test run.
FollowupID: 602257

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:30

Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:30
As well as thos two previously mentioned there is also Goomburra State Forest camping area See This Link It is now run by Nat Parks so it is not dog friendly.

PeterD
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 334487

Reply By: itsdave - Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 13:51

Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 13:51
On one occasion when I was there we were planning on having a camp oven roast so proceeded to get firewood from the help yourself (I think you now have to pay) wood pile. Was confronted by the owner and asked if we were planning on cooking the whole pig in a not so freindly way. The same weekend he complained that the campfire was to big even though it was contained in a steel ring which they had provided, Next morning after it had rained the previous evening he approached us asking how wet we got. Informed him we managed to stay dry to which his reply was "pity I thought you might have got wet"

This is such a nice campground but a shame to have owners that make you feel so unwelcome. I, like Andrea will never return to this camp site again while it has this owner.

Cheers Dave
AnswerID: 334494

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 17:40

Monday, Nov 10, 2008 at 17:40
Andrea I had a similar nasty experience at a campsite on Fraser Island. I did go and have a chat with the owner, I was quite incensed at her actions and sopke to her. She was very nasty and as I moved around the Island I happened to mention where we were staying and how we had been treated. I was told by another owner who had been on the island all his life and known this lady for most of it that "She just doesn't know how to be nice". Maybe your man has the same approach to life.

This lady has since moved on. Had I have been able to hasten that decision I would gladly have done so. Its a valid question to ask if someones moved on especially if you want to go back and stay there at some time.

Until they move on I would try the other options mentioned above
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 334516

Sponsored Links