2008 The Year of Storage Rebuilds

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 10:50
ThreadID: 64692 Views:2737 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
What's the good of having a mind if you can't change it?...lol

The year started off with me building quite a complicated rear storage area and double bed inside the GQ. This time around the cost was around $50 as I was using leftover MDF.

Then after the trek out to the Great Sandy Desert I decided to convert the storage area so that I could carry spare fuel inside the back of the vehicle as well. This time around I can to incorporate a brace to stop the heavy load from shifting forward. The fridge was also relocated back to the rear of the area. This build meant that there was only space for one to sleep inside and so a tent was bought for SWMBO and her Furry child. The space inside for sleeping was also compromised with this build. Costs this time reached $100

Although the tent has worked well it is not something that you would use for overnighters and so the 'old' dome tent was to be packed for the next big trek in 2009. After mucking around on a trip with fuel in the back I decided that it really was too cumbersome and that the 'old' rebuild was better. So I started after Xmas using scrap MDF and did rebuild Number 3. Of necessity there is a slight step up in the sleeping compartment this time but that is corrected with an old foam mattress which goes under our self inflating mattresses. Cost this time $0

Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found

Still a few more finishing touches and we should be ready for some serious trekking.

HNY to you all

Cheers

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 11:31

Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 11:31
So where is the fuel stored now??

Back in the trailer??

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 342071

Follow Up By: Willem - Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 14:47

Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 14:47
Yep, it never moved...lol

Cheers
FollowupID: 609776

Reply By: Member - Footloose - Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 12:43

Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 12:43
G'Day Willem, great pix. What's to stop the lot sliding forward in the event of deceleration ?
AnswerID: 342087

Follow Up By: Willem - Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 14:51

Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 14:51
Hello Footy

In the last photo there is a green contraption. That is the BRACE that holds everything from moving forward. It holds the whole lot in with a further footend in the middle stopping it from moving for'ard. It is bolted in to a seat bolt. It may move forward under extreme impact but by then my breath may have been knocked out already, from the front....lol

HNY

Cheers
FollowupID: 609777

Reply By: Member - Luke (SA) - Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 16:29

Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 16:29
So you going back to towing the trailer hey, oh well maybe you could change everything around again half way through this tear and tow a camper :)

HNY to you and Judith

Will have to Catch up this year sometime

Cheers Luke
AnswerID: 342108

Follow Up By: Willem - Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 10:14

Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 10:14
G'day LUke

HNY to you and Careen

You keep on threatening to come up!!!

We will be home most of the time until June. Going down to somewhere along the coast on the Eyre Peninsula for a few days at the end of next week.

Cheers
FollowupID: 609894

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 23:42

Thursday, Jan 01, 2009 at 23:42
Willem
You need to take it easy, you'll have nothing to do this year.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 342166

Follow Up By: Willem - Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 10:10

Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 10:10
Doug

When you live in a 100 year plus stone house there is always something to repair....lol

AND there is always somethingthat needs doing in the shed or the garden.

I am either doing something or I am asleep!

Cheers
FollowupID: 609893

Sponsored Links