Where to take it ??

Submitted: Friday, Aug 14, 2009 at 20:28
ThreadID: 71508 Views:2229 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all want to book the prado in next week and get the suspension lifted. Have decided to give the OME a miss this time and go Bilstein shocks/struts & King springs all round. Was wondering where/who would or if any one knows where I would get the best deal and am I better to buy eg from one shop and fitted elsewhere or get the whole lot done at the one place. Im not willing to fit it myself dont have the time or tools required and not into yoga for fitting the rear shocks (specially passengers side).. While I was happy with the OME on the old one the wife hated how hard it rode when not loaded but I have driven the same vehicle (01 prado) with the bilstein and king springs and found the ride excellent. If need be I will fit rear air bags at a later date if I find I need them.. Have seen the shocks struts on ebay BUT bothers me if there is any issues warranty will be a pain. Im leading towards getting the whole job done at the one place so no issues if they arrise in regards to warranty....Where to get it done/buy ??? I live in the Penrith area NSW and dont mind doing a few klms if the $$$ are worth the distance.......Thankyou Regards Steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Aug 14, 2009 at 20:40

Friday, Aug 14, 2009 at 20:40
Seve,

I have heard good reports from Mannel Motors

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 379029

Follow Up By: SPRINT-GTO - Saturday, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:17

Saturday, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:17
I would recommend Macquarie 4WD at Vineyard(near Richmond).
Excellent service and they are fully experienced and know what their doing--especially suspension work.
FollowupID: 646479

Reply By: On Patrol & TONI - Saturday, Aug 15, 2009 at 12:35

Saturday, Aug 15, 2009 at 12:35
Hi Steve
My Bilstein's & springs were fitted by Total Care 4WD seven hills,
I would have nothing else having now driven the Bilstein's for a few months now, sweet speed is not an issue on corrugations now, the Bilstein's just get better as they are worked hard, unlike liquid filled shocks that stress out with the heat generated by corrugations and rough roads. You will never regret your desition, and they have a lifetime warranty, cool.
Colin.

Total Care

AnswerID: 379101

Sponsored Links