LONG WEEKENDS & DISRESPECTFUL CAMPERS! RIDICULOUS.....

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 20:07
ThreadID: 72764 Views:3535 Replies:8 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Currently spending the long weekend in Renmark SA and great spot by the way on the Murray River at the #*#*# van park...but very frustrating when you pay top dollar for a grass powered site for your caravan and then you have to put up with a large group of campers right beside you pinching power and water from behind the vans etc (when they are paying for an unpowered site) to run rice cookers etc for cooking....and worse still they just leave these appliances running and in the open so any curious child could easily be scolded or worse seriously burnt and hurt!

I find this extremely frustrating and disrespectful given the prices we are forced to pay on long weekends especially to be subject to this.....why dont these people use camp kitchens etc like everyone else???? Even after warnings from the management they move all the cooking equipment etc to the laundries....plain lazy and rude....do they not think!

It definitely can spoil some spots that you should otherwise be enjoying!

The guy on the other side of us had his step ladder stolen overnight from the front of his van...it just makes you appreciate the open space and free camps where the fellow travellers all look out for one another.....

Being on the road for four months now as part of our big lap and this has been our first encounter of blatant ignorance and frustration! Suppose we arent doing too bad - many of you would no doubt of had worse???
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bruce T (SA) - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 20:13

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 20:13
Let the managers know - no point getting het up and bitching - do something. They are parasites and should be viewed as such.
Bruce and Di
AnswerID: 385735

Follow Up By: just goin - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 20:17

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 20:17
We did let management know they first time and they did give them directions to the camp kitchen etc...but still they play dumb and use the laundry powerpoints and water as it is much closer....still dangerous though.....

Not bitching - just frustrating and hope to save other travellers the same experience...steer clear on long weekends unless you know that you have a site that cant possibly be invaded by slackers....
FollowupID: 653305

Reply By: Wazza - (Vic) - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:11

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:11
Can you throw the fuses on the power points they are using now from the laundry? Might stump them for a while. Worth it for a giggle to make you feel better.

Wazza.
AnswerID: 385741

Reply By: Member - Josh (VIC) - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:12

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:12
If they leave the cooking stuff unattented for a bit , pour some hot chilli in for them, you get the last laugh.

Josh
AnswerID: 385743

Follow Up By: Wazza - (Vic) - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:24

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:24
Haha, yep and a cup of salt in the rice cooker
FollowupID: 653320

Follow Up By: Richard Kovac - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:45

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:45
Yer when there kids eat it .. LOL
FollowupID: 653325

Reply By: Wilk0 - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:41

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:41
Hi Just goin,

I agree there is nothing like free camping . There is a minority of scumbags that ruin it for everyone.

Cheers Wilko
AnswerID: 385747

Reply By: Travelling Pixie - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:43

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 21:43
unplug them

I was at a park in Atherton where someone had unplugged the TV in the camp kitchen to put their international adapter and mobile phone and someone else had unplugged the microwave to run their laptop. Strangely, I needed to use both TV and microwave at the same time so just unplugged them.

My 8yr old daughter came back from camp kitchen grumpy one morning because she couldn't watch her morning show because someone had plugged their mobile in to charge. Knowing what she is like I opted for upsetting the owner of the phone and removed the plug.

We paid for a powered site (the whole extra $5) so we could use lights and heater so I am sure others could do likewise.
AnswerID: 385748

Follow Up By: tim_c - Monday, Oct 05, 2009 at 17:51

Monday, Oct 05, 2009 at 17:51
They'd obviously left it behind when they packed up - you should do the right thing and hand it in at the front desk... ;-)
FollowupID: 653409

Follow Up By: Member - Danielle T (WA) - Monday, Oct 05, 2009 at 19:10

Monday, Oct 05, 2009 at 19:10
Good one Tim C, I like it! :)
FollowupID: 653423

Reply By: Member - Old Girl (QLD) - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 22:24

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 22:24
Where we are at the moment its bush camping with only a couple powered spots. Over the last two weeks its been unbelievable. Kids pulled the walls apart in showers. Most of you know what some little unattended darlings get up to in the toilets. Went to do a load of washing and the machine wouldn't work. After a bit of looking around some one had pulled the washer/dryer combo away from the wall to plug their mobile and one of those hand held computer thing's. A bit expensive to leave unattended. Some of them even had camp fires and its total fire ban around these parts. One fella walked away cranky because the owners wouldn't lend a drum for a fire. Went for a walk around the 11 acres today and the rubbish left was sad to see. No leave it as you find it. Glad the holidays are finished. Bring on the Grey Nomads at least they respect rules.
AnswerID: 385761

Follow Up By: Ozrover - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 22:43

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 22:43
Yep they just take all the sink plugs home for trophy's!!
FollowupID: 653342

Follow Up By: Member - Old Girl (QLD) - Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 22:49

Sunday, Oct 04, 2009 at 22:49
LOL i carry a spare in the cutlery draw have since Hells Gate 1999. its funny what sparks memories.
FollowupID: 653345

Reply By: Mitza - Tuesday, Oct 06, 2009 at 14:07

Tuesday, Oct 06, 2009 at 14:07
Don't let these kind of people to ruin your holidays! Let the park management know and it's their bussiness to look after the issue.

I would not recommend unplugging appliances or have an open talk fight; some of these people are rude by nature and probably drinking a lot; the whole thing could run in a course you don't want.

Last weekend we went to a place near the ocean where people can take their dogs. Three teenage girls came around and one o the dogs did a poo meters away from where we sat. Although she had the plastic bag in her hand she didn't bother to pick up the stuff...my wife got upset but I told her that it's not good to ruin your good time just because some people are rude by their nature...

AnswerID: 385966

Reply By: Ozboc - Tuesday, Oct 06, 2009 at 19:11

Tuesday, Oct 06, 2009 at 19:11
LMAO - do you have a 4x4 ? is your van offroad ? if yes to both , why are you going to a caravan park >

on long weekend its normally full of ferrels and drunks -- did you think a caravan park was going to be quiet peaceful at all times and no one close by ?

this is the exact reason why i have offroad van and 4x4... have the occasional run in , but they are few and very far between

Boc
AnswerID: 386014

Sponsored Links