Lake Rason Update

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 at 00:28
ThreadID: 75112 Views:2371 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
A quick update for all those concerned about the shack at Lake Rason.
The boys are aware of the problem,apparently happened in November.
A couple of them are going out late January for a rebuild.Should know more tomorrow.
Norm
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 at 00:34

Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 at 00:34
Thanks Norm

Do they know what happened? or is enough said?

Cheers

Richard
AnswerID: 398926

Reply By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 at 07:17

Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 at 07:17
Gday Norm
I just had a look at the photos and it makes you wonder why.
I also looked at Google maps to see where the lake is.I don't suppose it could be farther from anything.
Murray
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 398935

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 at 07:53

Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 at 07:53
Hi Norm
Thanks for the update. I like many others that have been out there will appreciate what news can supply and any thoughts on how it happened.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 398939

Reply By: The other Norm C (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:40

Wednesday, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:40
I spoke to Darryl last night and he confirmed he was going out to the shack on the 24th Jan.they're taking welders and gear and sound confident that it will be better than ever.They could use some top hat section to screw the sheets to if anyone has any laying around(Perth locality)Darryl said the damage would have been caused by a mini tornado or large willy willy
Norm
AnswerID: 399154

Follow Up By: DesertCruiser - Saturday, Feb 06, 2010 at 15:48

Saturday, Feb 06, 2010 at 15:48
Norm, Could you please post these pic's attached to this Email up on the Explore Oz web site.
Many thanks Darryl McLean ( DesertCruiser)

Hi Guys,
as said, we rebuilt the Seven Millers Shack. better than before. on inspection of the area, we found many new trees that had been blown over from the Easterly storm that Trashed the Shack.

We got there at 5pm and began the clean up, a bit disapointed that no one else picked up the mags and loose paper to prevent a big clean up turning into a huge one!... anyway as the pics show, build it bigger and better, no wood for the white ants, more stays, concrete, and star pickets driven over a meter through rock into the ground then welded to the posts.

The temp only once fell below 40 in the day, Australia Day was 46 Deg. no wind we pulled the pic and went for a drive up the other end of the lake ( The Big Rabbit Patch) as we turned to come back there were clouds, which got darker as we got closer to camp. our beds, power tools clothes bags and so on were out-side ( due to the fact that there was no in-side YET!) On our arrival to camp we found Rivers of water 6inches deep running through the shack area down into the Lake. I've never seen that much water flowing out there. Our swags were soaked, pillows, dripping wet, clothes bags full of water and so on. All we could do was laugh. It went from Blue skys Hot and dry 46 Deg's to Cyclonic winds and downpoor all in 3 and a half hours! one big section of roof was relocated 40 meters away.from where it was when we left........ An AUSTRALIA DAY I won't forget. An hour later our mates from Mandurah Adrian and Peter Arrived. We Got stuck into the rebuild .
A lot of hard yakka, and a big effort from all.

Note the new lighting in the Shack.

Note:
We took over a ton of damaged tin etc to the tip along with 28 garbage bags of rubbish....... 7 of which contained Bottles/ Beer stubbies.
Please take your glass back out with you, the Shack isn't a dumping ground.

It was a hard 8 Days,hot dry ( execpt for the storm) 2 of us were consuming over 25 liters of water a day.

Many thanks to all,

7Millers Shack Rebuilt by:
Darryl, Brian ( 7 Millers)
Adrian and Peter
Between 25th Jan 2010 to 3rd Feb 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FollowupID: 672505

Sponsored Links