Thankyou NSW

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 21, 2010 at 20:41
ThreadID: 81466 Views:2878 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
What a trip. We were freezing at night but doing the tourist things out of school holidays paid off in more ways than we imagined. The big thing for a family of 5 is that they don't charge for the third child like many places up in QLD. These places include the Dubbo Zoo and Jail. The rides at the Three Sisters. Due to the rain we based our selves at the Lithgow caravan park. Cant beat $35/night powered, the owners are fantastic. The Zigzag rail way was another that didn't charge extra for the third child. We were able to go up to the control tower and when we arrived back to the car a tourist operator said we have Subway left over have you had lunch yet? Scored again !! We had the Glow Worm Tunnel to our selves. The Jenolan Caves wow. 5 for the price of 4 again. Due to the lack of tourist we had a guided tour for just us and two others. Travelling down to the Caves we wandered why you cant take caravans down there. It didn't take long to find out. On our way home we stayed at the NSW Ski Gardens, Wisemans Ferry. Owners again so nice and gave us maps of the Northern Road. So loaded up off up Divines Track on foot. A must do. We followed the Old Northern Track via Settlers Road up through Yengo National Park. We followed the Great Divide all the way up to Killarney. All the little village's on the way with so much history. I go for the Blues only because its my favourite colour but as for holiday destination its up there too. So to all you NSW folk your very lucky to have so many nice places to visit.
Sharon
Image Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Tuesday, Sep 21, 2010 at 21:03

Tuesday, Sep 21, 2010 at 21:03
No!! Its thank you! NSW is the forgotton state as far as travellers are concerned. We do have a lot to offer but we are too quick to race off to other states to see the sights.. Fortunately every state is different and has their own unique features.... we are also unique.. OHHH! thanks for spending a few dollars here also..... we as a state are soooo broke..... we need the cash.. LOL!! Glad you enjoyed your time here. Regards Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 431004

Follow Up By: miandering fiander - Tuesday, Sep 21, 2010 at 21:12

Tuesday, Sep 21, 2010 at 21:12
Yes, Thank you!
Good to hear you had a great time, as stated the forgotten state.
People drive through it to get to the others, you stopped for a while.
FollowupID: 701773

Reply By: Member Brian (Gold Coast) - Wednesday, Sep 22, 2010 at 07:03

Wednesday, Sep 22, 2010 at 07:03
Memories!!! We did a similar trek to you back 2006! Dubbo Zoo, Jenolan Caves, and Lithgow caravan park amongst others...... when we stayed there, (Lithgow) diesel loco's would roar past the cp at 4 or 5am and scare the bejesus outta me!! LOL... I agree with you that NSW does have plenty to offer. (As longs as it's not in Sydney... ;-)) now now... don't tear me apart for that, I lived there for the first 27 years of my life.... Am much happier away from there!) We also stayed at the Warrumbungles National Park near Coonabarrabran, still up there as one of the prettiest parks we have seen!!
AnswerID: 431036

Follow Up By: Member - Old Girl (QLD) - Wednesday, Sep 22, 2010 at 15:45

Wednesday, Sep 22, 2010 at 15:45
hmm Passenger and coal I forgot about them (tongue in Cheek) luckily for us every thing else made up for it.
FollowupID: 701838

Reply By: Gazal Champion - Wednesday, Sep 22, 2010 at 17:59

Wednesday, Sep 22, 2010 at 17:59
Hi Old Girl,
Glad to hear you had a really good time.
Sorry about the weather but that was payback for the cold weather we copped in central QLD when we were up there in June / July. I was glad to get backhome to Port Macquarie area to warm up again.

Veeerry pleased to hear also that you had no trouble in Dubbo. I think if people are made aware of these sorts of things they can take steps to lessen the problem.

Regards, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 431088

Follow Up By: Member - Old Girl (QLD) - Wednesday, Sep 22, 2010 at 19:53

Wednesday, Sep 22, 2010 at 19:53
Hi Bruce, we kept things locked up. Around 10pm the park manager came to us to make sure we knew the back of our car was open. Maybe they are very security conscience now. Yep over the cold. It was a relief to have a warm night at Wisemans. Next winter will be north of the equator. WA is on the cards.
Sharon
FollowupID: 701873

Sponsored Links