Best campspot at <span class="highlight">Litchfield</span> National park and then Broome

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010 at 18:57
ThreadID: 81878 Views:3107 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi guys, can anyone tell me the best place to stay at Litchfield National park and Broome. Will be going to both spots next year as run out of time on the last trip. Have a trak shak camper and are a family of 4.Were looking at caravan parks for the kids sake.

Thanks in advance Gary.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010 at 20:44

Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010 at 20:44
Hi Gary

The Litchfield Safari Campground on the western edge of the Park has all facilities and a well placed to do day trips around the park. We stayed there for around three or four days.

Litchfield Safari Camp review on Badgers

I can't help with Broome, but it is an often asked question, so I'm sure you'll find some answers if you do a search. Booking generally necessary in Broome in peak periods.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 432915

Reply By: Jezza77 - Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010 at 21:32

Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010 at 21:32
if you are heading to LItchfield try secret falls it gets a little less populated and is a beautiful swimming hole and basic campgrounds with a toilet, not sure what the early rain will have done to the track in but should still be passable. on the back road out of litchfield there is a camping ground at Berry spings with powered sites met the owners this week and seem very hospitable.
in Broome there is a couple of caravan parks behind the Cable Beach Resort that put you in easy walking distance to Cable beach. the restraunt right on the beach is very kid friendly or so we found. good luck and safe travels
AnswerID: 432921

Reply By: kend88 - Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010 at 22:04

Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010 at 22:04
Stayed at the Litchfield Safari Park in May a few years ago and really enjoyed it, until dark. Problem then were the insects that inundated the van. Our screens were useless. It was sweltering hot but we put the poptop down, but somehow they still managed to get in. Ended up sleeping in the car. Can't remember what insects they were, but they were about as big as mossies, and yet still came through the screens.
Pretty sure there were some free camp spots nearby, can't remember the details
Cheers
KenD
Bris
AnswerID: 432930

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010 at 22:44

Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010 at 22:44
It must have been a time of the year thing Ken. We were there in August last year and camped on the perimeter in the bush quite near the creek, and i don't recall any insect problems. It was hot in the daytime while we were there (i made yoghurt on the kitchen bench while we were out touring). We enjoyed our swim at Wangi Falls each afternoon on the way home to cool down as it was rather hot on some of the walks (particularly the one over the top at Wangi).

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 703693

Sponsored Links