<span class="highlight">Pyrenees</span> weekend

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 09, 2010 at 19:28
ThreadID: 82392 Views:2346 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Gday
Well , what a great weekend. Most members seemed to arrive on Friday night , the fire was great and a real social event was had.
Saturday started slow . When all were ready , we went driving behind Bonz, our fearless leader for the day. The biggest hill he could find was done ten minutes after leaving camp. A real sphincter muscle test run. Almost straight up. We all arrived at the top with only a few minor stoppages. My poor old wagon stopped at the steepest part of the climb with a fuel problem. Just turn onto gas and all is well.
On Saturday night we had a gathering around the fire . and prizes were won by almost all attendees.
It was just a real good weekend. Thanks to bonz and all his little helpers.
Murray
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Tuesday, Nov 09, 2010 at 20:17

Tuesday, Nov 09, 2010 at 20:17
Yep Muz, I enjoyed the Friday night immensely. It was so bloody good to be out of the big smoke and spend some time round a fire with good people. Really nice to put faces to the member profiles. Very sorry I had to depart on the Saturday and glad I came down the sphincter tightener on the Friday arvo. I’d have hated taking the tucker truck up it lol. I’m still getting used to seeing that roof top tent on the top of Bonz’s rig. He didn’t knock it off did he?

Thanks to Bonz and helpers for the organisation. A beaut camp spot too.

Cheers Mick

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 435490

Reply By: Robin Miller - Thursday, Nov 11, 2010 at 07:53

Thursday, Nov 11, 2010 at 07:53
Anne & I had a great time as well , although we were way out in guessing the number of washers Muzbry.

Surprized to see so many turn up and it was hard to say hello to everyone but I think we did.

Can't beat a camp like that with only a k or so to nearset tracks.

Thanks to all the organizes , who even managed to hold off the rain.

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 435626

Follow Up By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Thursday, Nov 11, 2010 at 20:19

Thursday, Nov 11, 2010 at 20:19
Gday
i put an extra 200 in the box this year . I'll have to get another ready for next year. How many do you think i should put in the box Robin??
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 706905

Reply By: Who was that again? (Vic) - Friday, Nov 12, 2010 at 06:30

Friday, Nov 12, 2010 at 06:30
Muzbry, yes, thanks Bonz for being the organizing member. It was good to catch up with friends again and make some new ones. Mick O, it was a pity you had to head off as the EO crew were good to the end. Even past-Member Lucy was true to form and arrived late despite the bigger turbo, intercooler and gas injection. This time the satellite dish had to be set up after arrival, but great for tuition and adding logged hours for Miss Bonz.

Great to see everyone again, JohnR
AnswerID: 435751

Sponsored Links