A shoelace that moves

Submitted: Friday, Jan 07, 2011 at 23:47
ThreadID: 83505 Views:2842 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Yesterday I was doing some heavy pruning of a tree

As I cut branches off I through them on the ground below me - I was standing on a wall.

The area I was throwing the stuff is right next to our cloths line.

One other thing - I wear glasses and as it was hot they were a bit fogged / dirty.

I noticed what I thought was a large brown shoelace thing about 6-8 inches long hanging over one of the offcuts so I leaned over to have a closer look (not sure if I meant to pick it up).

But then it moved away.

I am still not sure what it was - could be a legless lizard -it was not a tail of any normal lizard I have seen around here. It could have been a very big worm - doubtful though and it could have been the tail of snake - but thought it was to thin for that.

Any way I decided that the branches looked good where they are and will leave them for the wife to pick up :). Nah I will do it tomorrow but with care.

Not being a snake expert I can't be sure if it was one - it could have been a baby one but I saw no head and have not looked very close.

The moral of the story is - it is always wise to keep a spare pair of undies around as you don't know when you will need them :).

Richard

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 00:10

Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 00:10
Richard, You should stop buying that cheap cask wine and things will improve for you. LOL!!! Michael

Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 441034

Follow Up By: Member - Richard C (ACT) - Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 00:14

Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 00:14
Good point!.

I definitely will need some before going out again :)

Richard
FollowupID: 712969

Reply By: Roughasguts - Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 00:11

Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 00:11
Funny you should say that I too was trimming the grass next to me trees then I walked back over the job I had done and seen this poor 13 inch long olive/ brown snake with a darker head and lighter nearly yellow around it's jaw. Was about as thin as a pencil sitting still on it's back. I got some piccys of it but can't post them here of course.

Does give you a bit of a fright specially when you got kids playing in your yard.

Cheers
AnswerID: 441035

Follow Up By: Member - Richard C (ACT) - Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 00:19

Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 00:19
Would be good to see pics though but I have seen a couple of browns around here.

Today I heard on the raidio warnings of snakes as it is the breading season.

At the local RSPCA they have a sign saying beware of snakes near the dog enclosure.

RIchard
FollowupID: 712970

Follow Up By: Roughasguts - Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 00:23

Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 00:23
Googling up snakes as we speak and just maybe mine was a yellow faced whip snake. But the eyes aren't the same so maybe a baby brown.

Both will give you a nasty bite tho.

Cheers.
FollowupID: 712972

Follow Up By: Member - Richard C (ACT) - Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 01:44

Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 01:44
May be I should send the wife tgo do it after all ::)

Richard
FollowupID: 712984

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 16:54

Saturday, Jan 08, 2011 at 16:54
This is a very timely warning for anyone to be vigilant for those legless verizons that we accept as part of outdoor life but can severely stuff up a holiday. Be vigilant people.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 441128

Sponsored Links