Xado engine and transmission treatment

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 16:41
ThreadID: 85055 Views:2258 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I was wondering if any on this forum have tried these treatments, have googled and done a bit of research and so far it comes up ok and doesn't seem to be in the snake oil or hiclone department.

I saw it in truckin life but none of my old mates have tried it, so if there is someone out there who has please post what your findings have been.

Have a good one.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: olcoolone - Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 17:52

Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 17:52
It all depends on what you want it to do or think it will do.

Current range of quality engine oils are very good and have a lot of additives to help the engine, reduce friction and wear plus the engines these days are built using better materials and engineering techniques then 25 years ago.

People who use additives will swear black and blue they work and are the best but truthfully very few who use it have the scientific skills and equipment to really know.

People treat vehicles like a new baby.... buying things that are meant to be good for it and buying things on a conscience that it may; just may make something better or last longer.

The conclusion is if it made a differance oil companies would use it in there oils and too the manufacture, they may give a .3% increase at the most for what your looking for under some conditions.

But the biggest thing they do is make you feel better that your doing the right thing.

So what do you want it to do?

I put most of these things in the same basket as Hiclones.... think of it a snake oil.
AnswerID: 448494

Follow Up By: dbish - Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 18:03

Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 18:03
I agree forget the additives & change your engine oil regularly & gearbox oil. Most engines ive had to rebuild have suffered with gunk buildups from lack of oil changes.
FollowupID: 720764

Reply By: howesy - Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 20:54

Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 20:54
I used the xado treatments in a V8 ute of mine and found them to be expensive and noticed no real or noticeable benefits, certainly nothing like the claims. I reckon the jury is still out on whether it's snake oil or not and I used it as directed from about 40000km onward and if anything I reckon the engine failed (bearing failure) prematurely rather than extending it's life.
AnswerID: 448507

Follow Up By: Rockape - Friday, Mar 18, 2011 at 05:44

Friday, Mar 18, 2011 at 05:44
Howsey,
thanks for that, I was looking at it for my gearbox as it comes under a lot of strain towing and from the extra torque my engine has.

Have a good one.
FollowupID: 720790

Follow Up By: Honky - Friday, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:50

Friday, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:50
Wouldn't full synthetic gearbox oil be a better option?

Honky
FollowupID: 720802

Sponsored Links