Sorting Threads

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 22:48
ThreadID: 85065 Views:1798 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I have returned to Explore oz after a long break away. I notice that forum does not seem to be separated into sub topics like other forums I have seen.

Could someone please let me know the best way of keeping track of not only my own posts but different topics.

Hope to enjoy my new found enthusiasm for caravanning and get to know some of the people here
Cheers Elly7
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: kevmac....(WA) - Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 23:51

Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 23:51
use the Thread watch button on each thread you are interested in( be it your own or someone elses) then each time you log on click on MY HOME and select forum watch & all your favourite threads will be listed,,,,,,,,,,,,not sure if need to be a member for that to work though is all.
AnswerID: 448521

Follow Up By: kevmac....(WA) - Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 23:52

Thursday, Mar 17, 2011 at 23:52
My first attempt at trying to help someone, so hope I havent confused.
FollowupID: 720783

Follow Up By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Friday, Mar 18, 2011 at 00:07

Friday, Mar 18, 2011 at 00:07
That's how I keep track. If someone comes up with a different way I will look at that.

Cheers

D

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 720784

Reply By: Crackles - Friday, Mar 18, 2011 at 00:18

Friday, Mar 18, 2011 at 00:18
Gaday Elly. Generally you wont need to keep track of old threads as they tend to drop back through the pages fairly quickly with little or no replies after a week or two. If there is an update or some additional discussion most just start a new page. A bit repetative & frustrating at times but it's the way it is. One feature you can choose is >>>> Sort Results By Response Time & not ThreadID in the options at the top of the forum page. This will keep older threads up top for a little longer until they are archived.
As a member you can use Thread Watch but as already noted, not many use it to go back & add further replies. If not a member you'll just have to save the Thread ID as it's often dam hard to even find your own posts using the search :-)
Cheers Craig................
AnswerID: 448522

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Mar 18, 2011 at 22:26

Friday, Mar 18, 2011 at 22:26
On the forum front page you can select to view threads in thread no order or in response time order, the latter displaying the last threads responded to, so you get a list with the busiest threads up the top.

The thread watch is also a good option, this is selected at the bottom of the thread you want to watch.

Good to see you're back, see you around the place eh?

Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 448607

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 16:41

Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 16:41
Bonz,
Thread Watch is a members function so will not work for Elly7 but thanks for pointing them in the right direction.
DM
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 721111

Follow Up By: Elly7 - Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 23:19

Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 23:19
Thank you all for you help. guess I had better join to get maximum benefit from site.
Elly (:
FollowupID: 721179

Sponsored Links