gas fridge

Submitted: Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:37
ThreadID: 85134 Views:1977 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi all i have 10 year old electrolux 440 three way fridge has been great. recently difficult to start. suspect the "fire -box" may need servicing. does anyone know how to do this at home or maybe have some suggestions? could i do any damage if i flushed out the base of the 80mm vertical stach with compressed air? many thanks in advance for any help offered. cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hairs & Fysh - Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 15:44

Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 15:44
Hi Thomas,
Try getting an old tooth brush with a little metho on it and scrubbing were the flame sits.
Do this of cause with the gas off. Give it a couple of minutes and try lighting it again. Sometimes they get a build up crap over this area.
I carry these things just in case, either for our 3 way Chescold or the campers 3 way. Also, check to see if the spark ignition isn't to far away from where the flame sits.

Give that a go.

AnswerID: 448846

Reply By: Chris_K - Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 18:19

Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 18:19
Hi Thomas

We've cleaned the igniter with small brush and some solvent like Eucalyptus Oil - seems to get rid of build up....but again - don't to it with the gas on or near any flame. These types of fridges also work better if you turn them upside down for a few days before you use them...little hint from a repair guy that we nearly used.

Cheers

Chris
AnswerID: 448863

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 18:24

Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 18:24
Hi Thomas.

My 3 way in the van stopped working and I found that wasps had built a mud nest in the flue. Pulled it out and got to it with a length of wire ans a small bottle brush. Put it back in and fired it up, worked like a treat.

Another problem they get is a sludge build up in the internal pipe work. In that case tip it end over end about 4 or 5 times and let it settle for a day or 2 and then fire it up. Thats what we used to do with the Kero fridges when they stopped working properly.

Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 448865

Sponsored Links