TJM Gold on Prado 150 - dilemma solved

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 12, 2011 at 19:34
ThreadID: 87522 Views:2454 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have just lifted my Prado putting TJM Gold with heavy duty springs all round. I had previously decided to put heavy springs only on the front because of the steel Bullbar, winch and AGM duel battery. The rear of my Prado is lighter than standard because I have removed the third row seats and built a false floor in it's place. It would be 50kg lighter over the back springs and I was concerned the ride would be too harsh with heavy springs. I was advised to fit medium springs on the back plus Polyairs for towing.

Eventually I took the chance and went with heavy duty springs all round and saved money by not fitting the Polyairs.

Well, I couldn't be happier. Ride, cornering and breaking are all 100 per cent better. The car looks like a 4X4 sitting 60mm higher at the front and 70 mm at the back. Of course this will settle. The bumpy ride I was worried about hasn't happened.

I hope this is useful for anyone thinking that heavy duty springs (TJMs on 150 Prado) might be too harsh for every day use.

For the record, I have no association with either TJM or Toyota.

Cheers

Skull

Cheers

Skull
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gossy - Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:03

Wednesday, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:03
Good to hear. I'm still running the original coils from TJM fitted about 6 years ago on my GQ and still going great.

Enjoy.
AnswerID: 459805

Sponsored Links