Coromal Seka 505 - <span class="highlight">wiring</span> diagram / access to wall cavity

Submitted: Monday, Nov 07, 2011 at 12:50
ThreadID: 89947 Views:6280 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Just wondering where I can find out some information on the clearance light wiring of a dual axle Coromal Seka 505 - seems to be a problem near the front drivers side clearance light.

The lights flicker on and off with bumps. When stationary and I bang the wall near the front drivers side clearance lights it flickers as well. Leading me to think there is a wiring issue behind the wall in that area. The same flickering occurs when this light and housing is removed, so it's not a problem with that. The chassis earth under the door has been removed, cleaned and re-attached - same problem.

When all lights are removed from their casings there is still a short between the clearance light pin and earth on the van plug. So the problem is not a disconnected wire somewhere, it is two wires touching that shouldn't be somewhere. All visible parts of the wiring from the vehicle through to under the door side have been checked for shorts. The only place left I can think of checking is behind the wall - eep! Any pointers on how to gain access to that from the outside?

Thanks,
Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: John B - Tuesday, Nov 08, 2011 at 09:40

Tuesday, Nov 08, 2011 at 09:40
My Coromal Exell did the same but the nearside clearance lamp
It turned out to be the fitting of the lamp in the contacts on each end.
A bit of bending and I made them a tighter fit. Also put a dob of silicone to hold them
No problems since.
AnswerID: 469439

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Tuesday, Nov 08, 2011 at 16:04

Tuesday, Nov 08, 2011 at 16:04
hi blueteddy
i give that a second vote it will be a loose globe holder this was a constant problem with my viscount vans that used the tube type double ended globes and trailer rear lights as well
easy fixed as above
but i have now gone led on the trailer no problems for ages now
cheers
FollowupID: 743894

Sponsored Links