Victorian Exploroz <span class="highlight">Pyrenees</span> trip

Submitted: Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:10
ThreadID: 98973 Views:1774 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks go again to Bonz and helpers for organizing another great weekend
at GlenPat reserve.
I think there were 20-30 people there for the saturday night roast dinner which at $10 a head was good value and fun even if your a white wine drinking vegetarian.

Two trips were held on saturday up the rough rocky tracks in the area
and Muz was in his recently aquired 105 cruiser - his words on leaving camp were
"if I let my tires down I will just have to pump them up later" and off we all went.
1/2 hour later we smoothly drove our auto 4800 patrol up a particularly bad section without any wheelspin after recently discovering the benefical effect of engaging the snow mode switch and waited on the side while Muz tried several times to scramble up unsucessfully behind us.

Just as the excitment was building in anticipation of winching out another Toyo Muz was convinced to drop his tyres and managed to get out (just).

Soon after this we split off and took a chicken track while Bonz a one or two others had a hair raising scramble up another steep section.

In the end we all made it with only pride being hurt.

Another trip later on in the afternoon saw us try some exciting downhill bits near Ben Nevis which required some track building and after some backtracking, avioding of high velocity Roo's and narrow tracks we made and all arrived back at camp in one piece plus a few scrathces.

Great trips , great weather and great company and special mention to those who
organized the nights events , triva quiz and so well wrapped up the never ending
wraps around the parcel in the pass the parcel game.

P.S. Apparently Toyota 4.2 diesel's blow up as much as zd30's but as I don't know details I won't start rumours

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dust-Devil - Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:27

Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:27
Mr Dobbing Nissan

Shoosh!
AnswerID: 498377

Follow Up By: Dust-Devil - Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:33

Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:33
AND

I will be continuing my RACV TOTAL CARE until the day I am buried. What an absolute godsend it is. First time I have had to use it and couldn't recommend it enough to those that haven't bothered with it.

I will post the whole sorrry saga later when I have more details etc from the workshop.

DD
FollowupID: 774352

Follow Up By: Robin Miller - Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:31

Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:31
I a big supporter of that also DD - only used it once and that was enough.
My Patrol I actually drive is now not the nominated car any more , we nominate my wifes rav4 since I found out that any car I drive is covered and this way the 2 cars are in effect covered.

Really hope it all works out ok for you in the end - sorry you missed out on a perfect day for scrapping the diffs.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 774364

Reply By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 14:02

Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 14:02
Gday
As there were five vehicles in front of me to churn up the dry dirt and rocks, i had to let just a little bit of air out , nothing as seriour as Mr Miller thought, but just a little. Mr Miller helped me do this and many thanks for the help. Four tyres at the same pressure would be good, but no, my side were the same and Mr Miller's side were both different , that was my problem and i am sticking to my story. As you all know , i wouldnt stretch the truth and ruin a good story not like others that are in the system.
I must say that the weekend was possibly the best one we have had, i think seven or eight so far , the evening meal brought us all to the same dinner table , even the vegitarien white wine drinker . The quizzz was a bit suspect as lil Wes and I still have not gottenover only getting nine out of twenty rite.

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 498388

Follow Up By: George_M - Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 19:48

Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 19:48
Ha Ha!

Have you written your letter to Santa about that air locker, Muz?

George
Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 774385

Reply By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 21:47

Monday, Nov 12, 2012 at 21:47
Robin
Yes it was another great weekend and time to catch up with friends
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 498408

Sponsored Links