Defender expedition roof rack and front runner

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 23, 2022 at 13:07
ThreadID: 144975 Views:2985 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi. I recently went on a trip to Cameron Corner and was challenged with getting my front runner roof rack accessories fixed to my New Defender expedition roof rack. Heading to Simpson desert next August 2023 so starting to think about the roof fit out now. Love the Front Runner gear but its fixings and spacings don’t really work with the defender roof rack. Made some adjustments and made do using Rola T-bolts and extenders. Thinking about getting a fabricated set up made so that it fixes to the roof rack using the Thule T-bolts (as the bars are Thule) and has the layout with fixings for my Front runner gear: spare wheel mount, single and double Jerry can mounts, 42L water tank, wolf pack pro box (for recovery gear) + MaxTrax shovel/track mount. Will also have an awning added.

Looking for any solutions anyone already have. Also, if there’s any recommendations for fabricators who do this sort of stuff, that would be great. I’m in Brisbane.

Matt
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: AlanTH - Tuesday, Oct 25, 2022 at 20:17

Tuesday, Oct 25, 2022 at 20:17
Waste of time asking anything about Landies on here. Try aulro.com and you'll find more info than you'll ever need.
Good luck.
AlanH.
AnswerID: 641916

Follow Up By: axle - Monday, Oct 31, 2022 at 16:38

Monday, Oct 31, 2022 at 16:38
G/Day Alan

Your so right!!, nothing has changed in that regard, over all these years, LOL

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 921377

Reply By: Richard M29 - Friday, Oct 28, 2022 at 00:19

Friday, Oct 28, 2022 at 00:19
Wouldn't that be overloading the Thule roof racks, with all that stuff going on top, including the rack itself. I have Thules as well, and 50kg is the limit for mine.
AnswerID: 641930

Sponsored Links