Cheaper to buy Blackwolf/Oztent/Ozpig/<span class="highlight">CGear</span> mat at SUPERSHOW?

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 15:45
ThreadID: 77118 Views:9867 Replies:7 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

First time post, new member here.
I was wondering if it was cheaper to buy at the supershow:-
- Blackwolf turbo tent
- Oztent
- Ozpig
- CGear matt

Leaning towards Blackwolf turbo tents.
Was wonder if the above would be much cheaper to buy at the Supershow while the sales are on at a few camping stores (eg Blackwolf tents 20% off, etc).

Hope you can give me an idea if it was cheaper to purchase at Supershow or its pretty much the same while Easter camping sales are on at camping stores?

Thank you

Timothy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 16:34

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 16:34
Welcome to the forum

If it's anything like the fishing and 4x4 expo in Brisbane last weekend then it probably won't be. I only looked at a couple of products and noticed they were advertised as "show specials"......I was looking at the new ARB compressor and was quoted less when I went to the shop a couple of weeks ago, the difference was only $20 but $20 is allot of money for me these days.

I guess just know what the shops charge with discounts and bargaining and see what they want at the show. Many people don't and they think they are getting purely because they have not done their homework.

Enjoy

AnswerID: 410082

Follow Up By: MattyA_LC105 - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 09:30

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 09:30
Not wrong there Troll. Went to the show as well looking for a few 'show specials' but was pretty disappointed with the whole event. Shimano had the only major stand for fishing gear and their prices were quite expensive however there were a lot of people willing to fork out their hard earned for a 'show special'. All up I would have my prices from quotes around town and take them to the show and see what they can do for you.
FollowupID: 680066

Reply By: nqdave - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 16:36

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 16:36
Hi Timothy,

I picked up an OzTent at the Brisbane Offroad and Camping show on the weekend. They were offering $100 of the list price.

This is only fractionally better than (say) Camping Down Under's 10% off accessories purchased with an OzTent (based on my Deluxe Front Panel plus Peaked Side Panels buy), especially when the parking and ticket prices are included.

You'll need them to through in something extra to make it much cheaper than buying at a camping shop.

Cheers,
David
AnswerID: 410083

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 18:06

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 18:06
David,

I did slightly better when I bought our Oztent.
Price was the same as the RRP on their website but they were offering a pair of peak side panels thrown in. This was a $169 saving if buying separately and won me over.

Timothy,
I looked at the Black Wolf Turbo but didn't like the small awning.
The price was about the same as the Oztent.

The Oztent perhaps has a slight "disadvantage" in that it needs to be carried on a roof rack, but that wasn't a negative in my view as that is where I wanted to carry it.

The Oztent is truly a 30 sec tent to put up.
The Black Wolf Turbo came with a DVD showing you how to erect and collapse it.

Love our Oztent.

Bill.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 680003

Follow Up By: nqdave - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 01:05

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 01:05
Bill,

I certainly hope that you still like your OzTent. It was your feedback (amongst others) on this site that inspired me to go to the show specifically to get one :-) The only thing that saved me from the missus wrath when she saw the crowds was when she saw the oztent demo.

I did get a better deal than the basic offer BTW. They threw in a mesh floor (about $150 worth I think).

Cheers,
David
FollowupID: 680044

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 07:30

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 07:30
David,

You did very well then.
Yes we still love our Oztent.

One "problem" we have when planning a trip is deciding whether to take the Oztent or the whole camping trailer rig:-)).

There are still bargains to be had if you know the RRP of the goods you are interested in, hey!

Bill.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

FollowupID: 680053

Reply By: Charlie - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 18:18

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 18:18
Oztent have been $100 off every show I've visited, you could also check out the Amazon Outdoors website or visit their store, you receive a discount in store as well if you have am loyalty card.
AnswerID: 410093

Reply By: Wilko - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 19:42

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 19:42
Hi Tim,

They advertise show specials and some arent. $699 for the waeco fridge and it was advertised in most camping stores for the same price.

I got the CDF35 for $599 with an invertor only cause I chipped the salesman and he was keeping me happy.

A Cgear mat was $45 cheaper from one supplier @ the show then another @ the show.

Ensure youve got your prices written down with you (or firmly memorised) and do some haggling.

CheersWilko
AnswerID: 410108

Reply By: cruza25 - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 19:48

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 19:48
i bought a blackwolf turbo lite 300 on special at annaconda 25% off sale

ended up at $650 which was even cheaper than ebay or other online sellers

black wolf rep told me be careful as warranty is lifetime but must be returned to place of purchase - so be aware if buying online-- if you have a problem you might have to pay for 2x shipping costs interstate.

it seems a well made tent and is easy to put up and down. only just fits back in bag if you fold properley!!

good luck

mike

AnswerID: 410109

Follow Up By: Shaker - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 09:42

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 09:42
I don't think Black Wolf could enforce the 'return to place of purchase' requirement.

What if you purchased one & then moved interstate, or purchased one whilst on holidays?
I think they may mean return to an agent, instead of direct to Black Wolf.
FollowupID: 680067

Reply By: Member - Amy G (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 21:32

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 21:32
I bought my Black Wolf for 25% off from a camping shop in Glenelg SA. I found the special by Googling the tent I was after (Turbo Plus 240) and headed down to buy one. Anaconda also have 20% off sometimes, or your local camping shops have sales when the big shows are on- I'd prefer to buy from them anyway.

I went to the Brisbane 4x4 show on the weekend and didn't find anything cheaper than normal/internet price.
AnswerID: 410125

Follow Up By: Pete Jackman (SA) - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:23

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:23
We got our Turbo 240 from the same shop - they gave a great discount.

Pete
Any mug can be uncomfortable out bush

FollowupID: 680069

Follow Up By: PaulBron - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:37

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:37
Bought our BW 300 Twin off Ebay but to our surprise it was picked up from the same shop in Glenelg. Was happy with the price and spent more $$ in his shop while we were waiting.

Re: OzPig or Bidgee bbq was a good deal at the show as you save on shipping costs if you can't buy them locally.

PB
FollowupID: 680070

Follow Up By: Member - Amy G (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:05

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:05
I imagine they sell a few of them! :) Since moving to QLD I have discovered Down Under camping- they have great prices as well. I bought the other half a Coleman 5-position chair for $79!

Paul, I saw those OzPig things, but didn't quite get why you'd buy one over cooking on the camp fire- I don't think the pig would fit in the car! Or are they for use at home? *confused*
FollowupID: 680073

Follow Up By: PaulBron - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 15:15

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 15:15
Amy, loved the bidgee barbie. First saw it on the Drifta website. Didn't buy one but wished I did. Maybe next time.

The OzPig is an enigma. It is efficient in that you won't need as much firewood as an open fire but the bl__dy thing weighs nearly 20kg. Add another 10-15kg of cooking utensils etc and you have the best part of 40kg to lug around??

As for the CC shows I reckon they are a good place to dream.

PB
FollowupID: 680089

Reply By: vk1dx - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:51

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:51
What supershow?

Did I miss one or is there one coming up?

Phil
AnswerID: 410168

Sponsored Links