Comment: Chinchilla Melon Festival

Chinchilla suffered a big flood 2 months prior to the 2011 Chinchilla Melon Festival. Where alot of the Melon crops were destroyed
This year Chinchilla has suffered another Major flood this time 2 weeks out :( Most of the Melons have survived this flood but the community is trying to rebuild ready for the Festival.
Who else from EO is comming out? If you are let me know and I'll try and catch up, I have my drivers license for this festival so shouldn't be as restricted in activities as the last Festival hehehe

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 18:39

Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 18:39
Good on you Kev, you people have certainly copped your share of distaster in the past few years so we hope the festival is a success and lightens up the mood of people having to face yet another rebuild of their lives and property.

We will not be up that way this year as my Ute is gone, and the van is gone so my I'm only left with my wife and a Camry so therefore life is pretty sad at the moment and not very interesting. I do still have a dedicated beer Frig though, so I suppose things could be worse. LOL!! Take care and best wishes to you and your community.

AnswerID: 503997

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 21:03

Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 21:03
Barry,

There is a lot of dedicated community members here and we have been working hard since Last Saturday night.
I got called out with the SES at 12:30am Saturday night and the week went downhill from there. We did nearly 1000hours combined in the last week.

Now the clean up is fully underway and a heap of road repairs and new gardens have to be replanted.

Hopefully we get a good crowdso we can dance the floods away LOL

Go The Maroons ;)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 780774

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 14:07

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 14:07
hi kev
its a very bad set back for everyone concerned with flood disaster and the horrible aftermath of the losses and cleanup
my thoughts go out to all concerned
has anyone realized that it might just be the --water melons-- that are ordering/causing these floods ????????
hope everyone recovers in the not to distant future and the flood type rains stay away and things get back to normal if thats possible
cheers
barry
FollowupID: 780830

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 14:27

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 14:27
Barry,

Yes I am blaming the Melon Festival LOL

The locals don't like me saying it though hehehe

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 780831

Reply By: happytravelers - Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 22:33

Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 22:33
Hello Kev

We've never met but I've read a lot of your posts over the years. My family and I are coming with a bunch of friends, four families in total and camping at the show grounds, arrive late Friday and leave Sunday. Good to hear the festival is still up and running, well done with all the hard work that you and your community are putting into it. We wish you all the success for this year.
We might bump into each other, I'm easy to spot as I drive a white Landcruiser LOL. Campertrailer with green canvas and LC has a EO sticker on side window.

Regards Jon
AnswerID: 504023

Follow Up By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 08:40

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 08:40
Hello Jon, I have not met Kev either but I'm told he is also easy to spot! He will be wearing a Maroon football jumper and only has one eye during football season and his head resembles the shape of a watermelon!! LOL
Enjoy the festival and safe travelling.

FollowupID: 780803

Follow Up By: baz&pud (tassie) - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 09:01

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 09:01
We have had the pleasure of meeting Kev (and the rest of his family)
and Barry F, you don't know how close your description fits lol.
Cheers
Baz
BTW all the best Kev.
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 780805

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 14:28

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 14:28
Baz,

Don't give away all my secrets ;)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 780832

Sponsored Links