Gibraltra Range camping Ground

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 15:31
ThreadID: 100428 Views:1791 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has camped at Gibraltar Range National Park, would like to know wich camp ground to camp at with a group, needing 4 sites.

Have been recommened Mulligans.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mark (Tamworth NSW) - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 19:11

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 19:11
Kylie, I have forgotten it's name, and can't be bothered trying to navigate NSW National parks abominable web site to find it.
It is the campground approx 5km south of the main Rangers Station, which itself is on the Gwydir Highway.
That is the camp ground above the swimable creek, it has decent Toilet facilities and from memory good covered eating areas. The camp sites suffer from the dreaded Bollards, but you could easily get 4 adjacent sites or sites opposite each other. Like I said last time, just Book early to get your sites. I might be confused but I thought someone came out from Glen Innes and did an Ice run as well. When we did the 3-4 Day Loop walk around both parks we saw a few groups together in that camp site having a good time (I really enjoyed the cold beer one goup gave us after walking 30km with full pack that day)
That site is almost on the junction of Gibraltar New England Granite heath country and Washpool Temperate Rainforest, closest to the most dramatic lookouts.
Just be careful of snakes when walking.
AnswerID: 504336

Sponsored Links