Caravan Park Disappointment

Submitted: Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 09:36
ThreadID: 100445 Views:2435 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Travelling to Tassie mid Feb staying in a Big 4 close to Port Melbourne, booked and pre paid deposit reqd,for 2nts, received a ph call yesterday advising me that we would be moved off site for the 2nd night onto a non powered waiting area due to an over booking for this date, I was a little bit ticked,after finding another park in Hobson Bay I rang to cancel my booking and after many conversation I managed to get a refund. I am disappointed as this Park was recommended by several caravan sites, would appreciate feed back if this has happened to others, also has anyone stayed at Williamstown Hubson Bay Park. Maisie.Qld
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: PeterInSa - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 10:09

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 10:09
I thought Ashley Gardens Caravan Park was the park most travellers used when going to Tassie, especiially if you come from SA. Had no probs there.

Peter
AnswerID: 504300

Follow Up By: rossy - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 11:16

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 11:16
We had trouble on our way home from Tassie in Jan when needing to stay a night in a caravan park unexpectedly....all booked out with waiting lists. So we went on lastminutebeds.com and booked a beautiful apartment in Brighton for $240pn for 6 of us (soooo worth it) we stayed 2 nights and had a great time. Stuff the overcrowded caravan parks. We even had out doggies sleeping in the car with a lovely dog park just around the corner no probs at all.
FollowupID: 781081

Sponsored Links