Day Trip

Submitted: Monday, Feb 25, 2013 at 20:10
ThreadID: 100759 Views:1547 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, I live on the NSW Central Coast @ Mannering Park and had planned to get away camping this week up the coast (Ha Ha) so I have decided to do a few day trip that I've put off before. Was thinking of doing the Wollemi to Wisemans Ferry track through Yengo NP/Mogo and was wondering if it would be OK to do it with the rain that we have had. It has not rained up here all day but I will not try it if rains overnight!
I have a 4x4 Pajero with 2" lift and all recovery gear if required. I have read that there are a couple of causeways to ford so ALL replies will be well received.
Thanks for all replies in advance
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Andys Adventures - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 09:51

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 09:51
Hi Tony,
The ferry at Webbs creek is about to be tied up because of water coming out of Warragamba dam. So stay on the north side of the McDonald river. Otherwise it's an all weather road.
Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 505591

Follow Up By: Member - Tony Z (NSW) - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 15:36

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 15:36
Thanks for your reply.
Did the trip yesterday, got to within 4km of StAlbans comming from the north and could not go any further! The water was around 1m deep as I could tell, could just see the top of the first couple of white posts then their were no more visable. A local told us that he had pulled 4-5 cars out since Sunday, and the level had dropped considerably since then, I had no need to cross as I would only be doing a circle back up to the Central Coast
On our way back back their was a family bogged on a side track, they were comming out from their property after being flooded in since the rain on Saturday. Lucky we saw them and I was carrying recovery gear ( they had none just some rope also no phone coverage out there) It did not take long to snatch them out.
FollowupID: 782685

Reply By: Gronk - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 19:27

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 19:27
When you say track ?....it's just a dirt road........quite a nice drive though..only gonna take you approx 1 1/2 hrs from your place !! ( 1 way )
AnswerID: 505631

Follow Up By: Gronk - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 19:37

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 19:37
Never heard of it referred to as the Wollemi track......the road is called Mogo creek road...from St Albans to Bucketty..
FollowupID: 782566

Sponsored Links