Take Care at All Times

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 03, 2013 at 17:05
ThreadID: 100867 Views:2761 Replies:1 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
A sad loss and a timely reminder to make sure our vehicles are in good mechanical condition and that we drive to the conditions.

Driver Killed

Cheers,
Wayne & Sally.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: olcoolone - Sunday, Mar 03, 2013 at 17:30

Sunday, Mar 03, 2013 at 17:30
I think it's a bit early to jump to conclusions, it may of not been mechanical or not driving to the conditions.

If I remembered every accident I have heard about where someone was seriously injured or life was lost I would not be driving, and probably not leave the house....... no body in sound mind goes out with the intention of injury or death.
AnswerID: 505980

Follow Up By: Wayne's 60 - Monday, Mar 04, 2013 at 21:35

Monday, Mar 04, 2013 at 21:35
Hi Olcoolone,

My post was not meant to offend anyone or to jump to a conclusion and if I'd said anything about alcohol, using a mobile phone while driving or showing off, I would suggest that your commet could be valid.

I was at White Hills last month running a training course and I was concerned, as were my trainees, about the vehicles in the area and the way that they were being driven through the narrow bush tracks to go to the beach.

The WA 4WD Association has raised similar concerns about drivers and their off road behaviour, on its facebook page here.

We are also trying to maintain access, for all 4WDers through education and training.

Cheers,
Wayne & Sally.
FollowupID: 783004

Follow Up By: Wayne's 60 - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 02:27

Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 02:27
Hi everyone,

There are some that do not like the "Like" function adition to the forum.

Our thanks go to PJR (NSW) for his "like" and in return .........

our thumbs up in thanks .............. :-)

Cheers,

Wayne & Sally.
FollowupID: 783021

Follow Up By: olcoolone - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 13:49

Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 13:49
Wayne, everyone does their own risk assessment on everything they do every day..... people see risk different to the next person..... what one may see as a risk another doesn't and then their actions to lower the risk may be different as well.

People driving an unroadworthy vehicle may not see having bald tyres a risk and or they may apply caution to lower the risk like not driving fast or when it is wet....... however the risk that you and me see may be greater and the only way we may see to lower the risk is fit new tyres.... or not drive the vehicle at all.

You can tell people time and time again about risks and sometimes it falls on deaf ears until something happens.

FollowupID: 783053

Follow Up By: Wayne's 60 - Friday, Mar 08, 2013 at 01:43

Friday, Mar 08, 2013 at 01:43
Hi Olcoolone,

To start, I have to say that I have enjoyed the dialogue that we have engaged in and at this point in time........... we may agree to disagree.

I too have to deal with OH&S items where one & two cent pieces (common sense) are in short supply.

I also understand and without quoting at you, the Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1994 as amended from time to time, that there is a duty of care.

While I/We may not be able to change the world (or the feral ideal) I will do what I can to look after my self and family and others and that will happen regardless of other's POV.

FWIW, if "ONE" person lives because of this post..... I will have exceeded my "Duty of Care"

Further to that, I look to further conversations with you.

Please take good care and we look forward to meeting you in the not too distant future.

Safe travels to everyone.

Cheers,
Wayne & Sally.

FollowupID: 783230

Follow Up By: landseka - Friday, Mar 08, 2013 at 10:48

Friday, Mar 08, 2013 at 10:48
If you want to exercise 'duty of care' try to encourage everyone to WEAR seatbelts even when going offroad.

In this case from what I have read, simply wearing his belt probably would have changed this incident from a tragedy to a nuisance.

Cheers Neil
FollowupID: 783256

Sponsored Links