Connecting 2 cameras to rear view mirror monitor

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 18:06
ThreadID: 100915 Views:1878 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Following on from thread no. 100812, I just received this http://dx.com/p/universal-7-tft-lcd-rear-view-mirror-monitor-with-remote-controller-961081303 in the mail today. No problems with clipping the reversing camera mirror onto my existing mirror and it is not fouled by the overhead console - just looks very bulky which I guess I will get used to. The "mirror" is not like a normal mirror, but I could see well enough. Maybe it changes to look like a real mirror when the power is connected, but at the moment it looks like when you flip the mirror for anti-glare. Will have to see what it looks like at night as well.

My issue though is the plugs for the 2 cameras. The reversing mirror came with 2 yellow AV plugs - one male and one female. However the plugs at the end of my cables that are attached to my existing cameras are both Male! What happens now? Do I have to change one of the plugs from the cameras to a female plug - will it work?

Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hi-ryder - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 18:27

Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 18:27
Hi Peter i have fitted one of these to the old mans triton . With only one camera . But in mine i have a 7inch small screen but set up should be the same . You will have a AV1 and a AV2 . The connections you can buy depending on what you need a RCA female to Female adaptors or male to male . No need to cut plugs . AV1 will be the camera you use the most . Just say car camera . AV2 maybe Van or whatever you want to use it for . I say this because when ever you restart it the camera normally reverts back to AV 1 . To figure out which is which you will have to plug your main camera in and look on he screen it should say AV1 . If not try other plug. I know what your saying about the Mirror isn't quite a mirror It is a little dull as a mirror but works great as a monitor. You can buy the RCA adapters from most auto barn or dick smith places no worries . Hope that helps a little .
AnswerID: 506117

Follow Up By: pprass - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 18:39

Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 18:39
Helps a lot - thanks Hi-ryder. I will go to Jaycar tomorrow and get a male to female adapter which will allow me to plug in the male plug that I have on the end of the camera cables.

I think I will set up the caravan camera as the main one - ie AV1 as the back of the vehicle one is only used to assist in hitching the Treg hitch to the vehicle and then I use the back caravan camera while driving.

Peter
FollowupID: 783078

Reply By: Hi-ryder - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 18:47

Tuesday, Mar 05, 2013 at 18:47
I have the same set up .One over the Hitch and one on the back of the van . Works a treat .
AnswerID: 506119

Sponsored Links