portable compresor and Rhino Awning

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 13:05
ThreadID: 101083 Views:2338 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning Happy travellers, I am just wanting to pick your brains on two matters
1. Meanmother compressors are they worth the money you have to pay for them or are the like buying a toyota, paying for the name. I have been told they are very good and reliable, but that said they were trying to sell me one.
2. Rhino awnings, does any one know if they can get one that has a three meter reach. I have looked at the Rhino one and it ticks all the boxes except that I don't seem to be able to get one that is 2.5 x 3 meters.
Any feed back would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Broodie H3
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BluePrint Industries Pty Ltd - Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 22:10

Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 22:10
Hi Broodie H3,

Not sure on the mean mother compressors, or other brands. Without hi-jacking your thread and blatent advertising, unfortunately with compressors a lot of it is you get what you pay for but on the other hand you also can get some expensive product that you are paying for the name for.

However having said that, I know with out BP160A which we have had now for nearly 4 years, these are made to a high spec, weigh in at about 7.4 Kgs for the compressor and cable (appox 7Kgs for the compressor on its own). I have seen others on the market advtertising a compressor that looks almost identical and promoting it weighs a massive 5Kgs. But there's something obviously different to ours. Western 4x4 reviewed our units when we first brought them into the country, with a great results, and in the past 3 years or so have seem many others come onto the market with units that look almost the same. We have advertised ours up here before and also promoted them through blogs.

With the Caravan and Camping show coming up next weekend in Perth, if your around come down and have a look around, I'm sure you will find 10 - 20 compressors that look very similar, price normally varies between around $150 and $350.

A cheap buy isn't always the best deal, as it may let you down when you need it the most.

On the awning question, again most are made 2.5 x 2 or 2.5 x 2.5 as this is the most common requirement. You could alsways buy one of these and get new bars and extend the cover yourself, or custom order one the size you want and pay a lot more for it.

I'll drop you a PM with some other info on compressors.
AnswerID: 506806

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Friday, Mar 15, 2013 at 00:58

Friday, Mar 15, 2013 at 00:58
thank you I shall see you at the show we never miss it unless travel interferes with the time line, and this year we are home agian
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 783929

Reply By: Member - LG__ - Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 10:24

Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 10:24
You can get an extension panel for the Rhino Sunseeker II awning.
It slides on to the front and can be used as a wall.
Only glanced at the owners book so not sure of details.

Another alternative would be the 'foxwing' version which wraps around your vehicle.

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/AccSubCategory_Sunseeker-Awnings_Page_1_Accessory_FOXWING---SUNSEEKER-AWNING-EXTENSION_384_57.aspx
AnswerID: 506968

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 14:28

Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 14:28
Hi LG, I have had a look at the foxwing but it would be of no use to me as I drive a Nissan Pathfinder the back door lifts up above the roof line and as I need the door open when camped out I presume the foxwing will interfere with the door, I could be wrong about this I just don't know. Thank you for your input if you have any other alternatives please let me know .
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 784116

Reply By: Dingojim - Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 16:30

Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 16:30
When looking to buy gear like a GOOD 4x4 compressor go to some of the product review sites and the offroaders forums, the user comments will tell you what not to blow your hard earned on.
AnswerID: 506985

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 20:52

Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 20:52
Thank you we both seem to be on the same page, talk about reviews I must of read a thousand of them so far and it would appear that no matter what you buy there is always some one that has had a problem with that particular model or brand, or even the person that sold it to them in the first place and I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that everyone has different requirements, thank you for your input it has been sound advice. thank you
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 784148

Sponsored Links