Satellite TV

We are looking at purchasing Sat TV for caravan trip in Qld and returning across the top NT back to Kununara Then south taking 4 months for whole exercise. Believe VAST provides good coverage.
Investigating the best kit brand and antenna type has anyone got suggestions ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Friday, Mar 15, 2013 at 14:11

Friday, Mar 15, 2013 at 14:11
Being satellite VAST is available all over Aus. There are 3 zones, north east (QLD based), south east (the rest of the eastern states) and west (WA). These zone are to cater mainly for time zones and daylight saving. As a traveller you can switch between zones.

You need a sat dish and a decoder. Twin tuner PVR decoders are now available

I got mine from Satplus There is also Satgear
AnswerID: 506834

Follow Up By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Friday, Mar 15, 2013 at 14:43

Friday, Mar 15, 2013 at 14:43
BTW you can find a VAST program guide here Satellite TV Guide
FollowupID: 783961

Follow Up By: Member -Dodger - Friday, Mar 15, 2013 at 16:56

Friday, Mar 15, 2013 at 16:56
I purchased mine from Satplus.

Great service for a reasonable price.
The kit comes complete with everything you need.
Just another satisfied customer.

Look
Here
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 783970

Follow Up By: K&FT - Friday, Mar 15, 2013 at 19:16

Friday, Mar 15, 2013 at 19:16
G'day everyone,

I too have purchased my satellite equipment from Satplus. I have been using sat TV for about 11 years now and can state that satplus not only have good quality equipment but provide an excellent back up service too.

I have read on this and other fora about the problems with gear from some suppliers in WA. apparently their advertising could be seen to be a bit misleading so you need to be absolutely certain of just what is in the kit you are looking at buying.

Vast is the way to go as there are no ongoing costs once you have purchased the equipment and you can see all the free to air digital channels.

the same gear can also be used if you have a pay TV subscription just don't tell them you are going mobile as you would be in breach of the T&C of your contract.

hope this helps

frank
FollowupID: 783976

Sponsored Links