ford

Submitted: Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 19:15
ThreadID: 101166 Views:1999 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
will order a new ranger soon,any thoughts good or bad on etheridge ford in ringwood melbourne for service etc,will not deal with brian glyn ford in lilydale,2 bad experiences with service there,bye now barry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 20:02

Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 20:02
G'day Barry P
I can't help directly, some may be able to.
I think you are wise to begin checking after two bad experiences re. service.
Try to talk to some of the people who drop their cars off there and ask them about service quality ie is it really being done.

You can also begin to mark things so you can check your new vehicle but unfortunately this will be after the purchase.

Go and see local mechanical repair/service centres. They will be getting the vehicles from a dealer who isn't doing the job.
Look for dealer signs on new vehicles in carparks and talk to owners.

Sadly, poor, incomplete and sometimes no servicing is common in the motor industry.
Some dealers are good so it really pays to ask around.
This internet way is only one way.

Ross M
AnswerID: 507071

Follow Up By: kennchris - Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 06:49

Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 06:49
Have a look at the ford forum, I don't think it matters what you buy they all have there problems. We have a XLT Ranger, got it about 6 weeks ago and it has a problem with the airconditioner, the dealer said Ford know it's a problem with a few rangers and the part has been ordered. Our dealer has been really good they came out 56 kms and picked it up and left a car for us and will do the same when the parts turn up. Apart from that its good to drive, really good on fuel about 7.6 per 100 kms and plenty of power.

Ken
FollowupID: 784257

Follow Up By: Rockape - Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 07:06

Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 07:06
Ken,
I hope you aren't taking any notice of that read out on the dash for you fuel consumption as it is way out.

You have done well as Ford could only get 8.9/100 manual and 9.2/100 auto.
FollowupID: 784258

Reply By: SAW - Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 09:17

Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 09:17
I bought a Falcon ute from Etheridge around 7 years ago, and the sales process was excellent. However their service department was terrible. Every time I had something done, whether it was a service or warranty repair, the vehicle was returned to me with a problem. For example they replaced the light globe in the AC switch, and the heater control no longer turned at all. At one stage they actually told me that they did not test drive the vehicles so there is no way for them to know if there is a problem.

The biggest problem I had was after having the gas system fixed under warranty, the mixer had failed on the OE straight gas system, they returned the vehicle to me, and it was barely driveable, would stall at the lights, etc. They picked it up from my work & dropped of a loan car. Two weeks later, after not hearing a word, I rang them to see what was happening, and they had lost my car in their car park. Had no knowledge of it even being there, what was wrong, etc, or the fact that I had one of their brand new RTV utes.

When I got my Ranger I started using Knox Ford, but the small service centre in Bayswater. Dealt directly with the Service Manager, Adam I think his name was. Brilliant service, vehicle always returned with everything done properly and checked over. When I had a problem that took a couple of weeks to fix Adam rang me each day with an update. Best service I have every received from any dealer. Got rid of the Ranger over a year ago, so it has been 18 months since I have been to Knox Ford, but hopefully their service is still the same.
AnswerID: 507104

Sponsored Links