Holden Colorado RG fuse diagram

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 24, 2013 at 20:00
ThreadID: 101275 Views:23255 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, my reverse lights have stopped working and I want to check the fuse but cannot work out which fuse is part of the reversing lights. Would anyone know?

Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - LG__ - Monday, Mar 25, 2013 at 02:13

Monday, Mar 25, 2013 at 02:13
** If I am reading the workshop manual correctly **

Try fuse no. C-4 (15A) ... that appears to be the relevant fuse for our RA Rodeo.

Possibly also relevant - Where it talks about removing and replacing the "back up light switch" it emphasises

Back up Light Switch
Threads
Apply liquid gasket to the threaded portion and install the back up light switch.

Connector
Be absolutely sure that the back up light connector is securely connected.
This will prevent a poor contact and an open circuit.

'Himself' has gone to bed so I can't ask him to interpret the schematic I'm afraid

HTH a little bit :-)
AnswerID: 507517

Reply By: Ross M - Monday, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:35

Monday, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:35
Collie2012
If it is a fuse problem it ill be the one which, when tested with a multi meter set on low OHMS will show a fuse to be blown. No need to remove fuses, just test across them in circuit.
the wires may be off the reverse light switch if a manual box or it may even be a wiring plug loose if an auto box.Check the inhibitor switch plug on the selector shaft on the box.

Because of the crap quality globes Oldhen fit to Crummydoors yours too may have dud globes and they have both failed. Seen this before today.
Check the easy stuff first.

No amount of checking circuits is going to make blown globes glow bright again, so they are the first check for a prudent investigator.

If you do find a fuse blown, then what caused it to blow???? and you have to find the cause so new fuses don't also blow. Just replacing a fuse, as many people do, isn't a fix but a bandaid over the wound which is still there.

Ross M
AnswerID: 507533

Reply By: Collie2012 - Monday, Mar 25, 2013 at 18:13

Monday, Mar 25, 2013 at 18:13
Thank you for the feedback. I caused the problem rewiring my reverse camera. Apparently there is no fuse the lights are wired directly to the bcm . So at a loss as to the next step. I will check the fuses with an ohm meter tonight.
AnswerID: 507554

Follow Up By: Ross M - Monday, Mar 25, 2013 at 21:06

Monday, Mar 25, 2013 at 21:06
All circuits in a vehicle will be fused somewhere, otherwise a short circuit will burn the wiring or destroy the control module it is connected to, therefore a blown fuse will be the cause as it protects the wire or current maximum drawn through the control unit.
FollowupID: 784868

Sponsored Links