Bogans on the beach

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 19:36
ThreadID: 101387 Views:3929 Replies:9 FollowUps:19
This Thread has been Archived
Went down to Woodgate Beach this afternoon to give the dog a swim and geez were the bogans out in force.

We were driving down the beach at about 60ks and they flew by us, must have been doing at least 100ks. Donuts all down the beach,

We picked up over 200 cans and bottles in about a 200m stretch, rubbish left everywhere.

Talked to the Ranger and he said that it was the worst he had ever seen it!

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 20:24

Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 20:24
Did you get any number plates? Otherwise it's a waste of your good time and energy getting all flustered and angry. No good for the old ticker either.

This is why we have a "safety" video camera stuck on the windscreen. GPS, time, speed and the whole cat and caboodle. Viideo evidence! As they say; "a picture says a thousand words". But a word to the wise. Don't let them on to what you have. Just play it cool and have a good day.

Phil
AnswerID: 507880

Follow Up By: Member - John Baas (WA) - Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 21:47

Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 21:47
Hi Phil.

Good idea - what make/model is it please?

Cheers.
FollowupID: 785201

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 23:02

Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 23:02
We currently have generic Chinese thing that I would not recommend. We are looking at upgrading to the Blackview DRG500GW-HD. The current quality is okay if you are close enough. The Blackview is by all means the best that I have seen for this application.Check it out at: Blackview. The quality for recording trips is excellent. Still that is what it's like these days. But number one model one day and next week it is beaten down to number 10.

Here is an example of the current model:

Chalk and cheese.

Phil

FollowupID: 785207

Follow Up By: fisherPete - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 17:39

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 17:39
At the end of the video the vehicle merging has to give way. But that first one is a shocker.
Cheers pete
FollowupID: 785253

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 18:25

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 18:25
When there are dotted lines separating the lanes the overtaking vehicle has the right of way. But how far back does that go. The wihite one was pushing it but not the dark car. That dark one was so far back it was ludicrous. He wasn't even near him when the road started to narrow. What do you expect the 4WD to do. Stop!! That was way out of order and it is obvious to all when you see how narrow the left lane was, even way before the dark car got near the 4WD, and how far the bloke in the dark car went onto the wrong side of the double lines.

Being there made it easier to see that the dark car driver was pushing his way through all the traffic.

Phil
FollowupID: 785255

Follow Up By: evaredy - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 19:03

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 19:03
I really don't understand some of these idiots, how the hell do they get a licence, It takes some learning and brain power to pass, so how do these brain dead twats get on?

Not sure about other states, but in WA, when two lanes merge to one, the vehicle in front has right of way. It makes no difference whether it is in the merging lane or the outside lane, whoever is in front has right of way.

FollowupID: 785339

Reply By: Axle - Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 20:32

Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 20:32
G/Day Lyn,.....Its just hopeless at times., the problem is every where,

The rangers need more authority, Fines on the spot, Size ten boot up the arse,

and respect for everything needs drumming into the pee brain of some of these dudes.

Happy Easter anyway

Cheers Axle.

AnswerID: 507881

Reply By: Mark - Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 21:50

Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 21:50
Just cut short our Easter camping trip thanks to bogans. When we arrived on Wednesday there were hardly any spots available as there were cheap $50 tents reserving the spots but no-one using them. Turns out it was the bogans not wanting anyone else in 'their' campsite, a National Park as it happens.
Anyway we did find a small area but at 1am were regretting we did with the duff duff rap music, swearing and fighting going on until the early hours.
It's was a free NPWS camping area but the last time we will camp there, actually I've changed my mind about paying for camping as it keeps the Bogans out and at least they are patrolled regularly when the rangers do there rounds to collect the money. Happy to pay $10 to $20 a night for some piece and quiet.

AnswerID: 507886

Reply By: Ross M - Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 22:15

Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 22:15
G'day Lyn W3
Aren't we lucky our country has a breeding program to assist bogan intellect and development.
No rules, who me attitude, don't ya jest luv it?

With a bogan PM I suppose we can't go forward as she we should.
The Gument orta do sumfink.

It is difficult to soar with eagles when we are forced to deal with turkeys. No offence to genuine turkeys.

Ross M
AnswerID: 507889

Reply By: Lyn W3 - Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 23:23

Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 23:23
Yep we're really disappointed with the bogan culture here in Oz after living mainly overseas for the past few years. Nearly enough to make us move on and commute back when necessary.

Whoever thought up the Baby bonus needs their head read...........I know it was Howard, its just a "bogan breeding bonus"

Anyway back to the thread, here is a clipping from the CM today

Beach traffic

Also heard that there would be some hefty patrols by RBT etc in the Woodgate are over the next couple of days.
AnswerID: 507896

Follow Up By: Ross M - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 12:02

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 12:02
Queen Julia the Unstable wants us to embrace Gonski reform to become smarter.
I think we are already GoneSki.
She even pronounces, schools as skews.
FollowupID: 785220

Reply By: Dingojim - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 07:54

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 07:54
Definitely an argument here for genetic modification and the worst of these bogans even present a case for compulsory abortion. Being old school I don't cop my peace and quiet being destroyed by these vermin and am very happy to dispense some 'closed hand attitude adjustment therapy' should the occasion demand it. One of the biggest handicaps facing society today is Rules & Regulations governing the actions of people, like the NP Ranger, when trying to maintain peace & order. Just have a look at our police, because of the plethora of rules under which they try to operate, not to mention the overly intrusive media and bleeding hearts brigade, they have been reduced to nursemaids for drunks, druggies and dropkicks which is what our bogans are. The increasingly obvious lack of respect for anything and everything by this low class of apology for humanity will not be cured by anybody in authority but by crazy bastards like me because I don't have a rule book governing my actions. Unlike Mr Plod I don't have to issue cautions or quote bylaws, etc. and I definitely don't have to be polite. Society is on a downward spiral with the lack of discipline and respect for other peoples property and feelings becoming the accepted norm. I can foresee the day when a section of our community say enoughs enough and,yes, we will see vigilante groups acting to protect their property and lifestyle. And no I am not a redneck but I am a realist.
AnswerID: 507903

Follow Up By: Member - silkwood - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:17

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:17
"The increasingly obvious lack of respect for anything and everything by this low class of apology for humanity"

Is this self-parody? Some kind of Easter joke, right?

Cheers,

Mark
FollowupID: 785216

Follow Up By: mikehzz - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:49

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:49
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Inappropriate Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 785218

Follow Up By: Ross M - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 12:05

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 12:05
I support retrospective abortion. Should be more of it, selected by us of course.

My Star Chamber is still switched on.
FollowupID: 785221

Follow Up By: Dingojim - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 13:23

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 13:23
No silkwood, neither a self parody nor an Easter joke, simply my opinion of cretins whose sole purpose in life is devaluing the standards that the majority adopt.
FollowupID: 785232

Follow Up By: Member - J&R - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 15:02

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 15:02
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Foul Language Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 785240

Follow Up By: Member - J&R - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 15:25

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 15:25
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Personal Attacks Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 785241

Follow Up By: mikehzz - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 15:47

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 15:47
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Moderation Complaints Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 785244

Follow Up By: Dingojim - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 16:41

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 16:41
Mikehzz in the real world, the one in which I happily live, there are certain things happen which require not always ideal solutions. How you can interpret my comments as being aligned with one of the most despicable and revolting beings to ever have occupied this earth is not only immature but mildly amusing to me. Perhaps I would not have impinged on your sensitivities had I phrased it somewhat differently e.g a group of miscreants whose fathers would rather not have sired them. I make no apology for anything I say on this forum. If I overstep the mark I'll cop a red card from the moderators in good grace. I am firmly of the belief that unless bogans and the like are pulled into line then it will be anarchy by stealth and the majority will be subject to the actions of the minority.
FollowupID: 785247

Follow Up By: mikehzz - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 20:04

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 20:04
No interpretation was necessary, that was their policy as well. Who decides who is a bogan and as such suffers your 'solution'? It's a bit of a one sided conversation :-)
FollowupID: 785261

Follow Up By: Dingojim - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 11:27

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 11:27
Considering myself to be a reasonably well educated, law abiding, hard working (prior to retirement), sensible, tolerant and generally happy individual who has travelled extensively and successfully founded and/or operated businesses which entailed dealing with people of all types, I think I am qualified to determine whether or not some brain dead, ignorant, inconsiderate, uneducated, loudmouthed, drunken and/or drugged yobbo qualifies for the bogan label or otherwise. This ability to determine is not reliant on any pseudo degree obtained from one of the honourable centres of higher learning. This ability was gained during my journey through life, my only qualification being a Degree in Political Incorrectness awarded me by The university of Flying Jugs which may be found anywhere the bogans fear to tread.
FollowupID: 785288

Follow Up By: mikehzz - Tuesday, Apr 02, 2013 at 07:04

Tuesday, Apr 02, 2013 at 07:04
No worries. Being so upstanding requires you do it correctly though. You need to approach your local MP with the info that the silent majority believe that due to 'stealth anarchy', there is a need to introduce a law requiring compulsory abortion and/or genetic modification for those found littering or playing after hours doof doof music. I reckon you need to emphasize the stealth anarchy aspect or they may brush you off. Good luck with that, chin up, you have the silent majority onside.
FollowupID: 785371

Reply By: bibtracker - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 20:07

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 20:07
Dingojim, I'd just like to say that I am 100 per cent behind everything you have posted. Ignore the detractors. I know exactly the type of attitude you mean. It is becoming increasingly prevalent and I, for one, am sick and bloody tired of it.
Bogans will take over unless more decent people take action against them. I especially like your "closed hand attitude adjustment therapy".
In fact, out in the bush, far from Mr [very restricted by stupid laws] Plod, "closed breech attitude adjustment therapy" has much to recommend it.
And as for the doof doof "music" [it's not music, it's noise], I am a great believer in karma. What goes around, comes around. And what comes around from my camp about 4.30am is likely to be Gustav Mahler's Resurrection Symphony at very high volume. Carmen Burana also works quite well, or the final movement of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
More strength to your closed hand, sir,

Cheers, Tony
AnswerID: 507932

Follow Up By: Ross M - Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 21:05

Sunday, Mar 31, 2013 at 21:05
At the moment of conception perhaps the second best swimmer may have been a better choice and then we may not have so much of a problem.
It seems fast Aussie swimmers are in trouble everywhere.
FollowupID: 785266

Reply By: dindy - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 09:02

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 09:02
Bogns!

In a former life I had a lot to do with keeping bogans under control and taking punitive action when required. What I found fascinating is that bogans in general have a built in self destruct module which would activate at the most inappropriate moments for them.
Usually this would happen when their behaviour would exceed their cognitive or physical abilities or their drug of choice capacity would overload. Then there would be loud squeals for assistance from the very people they would deride and abuse. Sometimes the provision of this assistance would be appropriately delayed due to some unforeseen circumstance such as a communication issue.
The squealing emitted usually corresponded to the victims level of uncontrolled boganness (new word). This would cause some degree of undisplayed satisfaction and mirth. Fortunately for most of the bogans finding themselves in this situation whether due to a financial imposition, personal injury or the loss of their liberty for a period of time, the dormant social responsibility module embedded in their cranium would activate albeit usually in a limited manner.
AnswerID: 507945

Reply By: Rockape - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 16:03

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 16:03
Boy! Have all you lot got it wrong.

AnswerID: 507969

Follow Up By: bruce b2 - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 18:31

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 18:31
RA - that's brilliant
bb
FollowupID: 785331

Sponsored Links