Caravan Lens Cover Replacements (front marker light)

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:39
ThreadID: 101671 Views:7078 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

I have a Jayco Westport pop-top (around 2000 from memory) and am trying to find replacement lens cover(s) - specifically for the front marker light which is a "clear" lens cover marked LE PEREI manufacture (the bloody thing dropped off somewhere).

I have searched around various sites (including manufacturer) and not come up with much at all.

Is this an OEM product or would you expect one of the caravan / trailer parts stores to have replacements??

Ken
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rockape - Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 13:15

Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 13:15
Ken,
although I have a coromal and not a jayco. I broke the lens on a annexe light. All I did was ring coromal and asked for spare parts. They posted me new light as you couldn't by the lens by itself, $25 delivered. The fella knew exactly which light it was when I gave him the model.

I would think jayco will do the same or tell you where you can get one through a dealer.
AnswerID: 508926

Follow Up By: Member - Tony N (WA) - Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 21:35

Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 21:35
Hi Ken, Just replaced son in laws marker lights allround, some clear some red , all available from caravan store, bought mine from Hudson Caravans Mandurah. they are available as covers only or complete unit same brand name as on your post
Cheers Tony N
Dum_Spiro_Spero."While I breathe, I hope"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 786661

Reply By: Member - colin J (VIC) - Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 17:31

Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 17:31
Hi Ken,

I have just replaced my marker lights on my van. It is not a dificult job so if you can't find a replacement cover you could replace both front lights with new LED ones.

Here is a link to the forum that I posted a pictorial on how it was done.

http://aussiecaravannersnew.proboards.com/thread/538/replacing-external-lights#

A great forum for caravanners in general.

Regards from Col.
AnswerID: 508938

Follow Up By: KenInPerth - Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 19:11

Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 19:11
Thanks Col

I was starting to think I might head down that path rather than keep the old light assemblies.

Good post on the other forum.

FollowupID: 786553

Reply By: scandal - Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 07:46

Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 07:46
I chucked my lights and replaced them with LED's, I havent replaced the large rear light just yet, they are the great big rectangular ones that a are bit $$$ for the same size in LED.
The I found some forward facing white clearance lights the same size as the original manufacture item at a supa che... , cost about $20 each and will last the life of the van, 2 wires and 2 screws and won't ever need maintenance.
Only problem is that they are very bright and Made reversing in the dark a little difficult to see down the side of the van due to glare, I put the hazards on and turn the lights off so I can see, My mate puts a bit of tape over the light, not enough to block it completely just enough to turn it down a bit

AnswerID: 508976

Reply By: KenInPerth - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 19:25

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 19:25
As a last note on this

1. my particular van has very little slack or movement in the wire such that is it difficult to join and push the excess back inside the cavity of the van so that makes it a little difficult to replace with flush mounting LED lamps.

2. I have opted to replace the lens assembly (which is common and available locally it turns out from Martin's Trailer parts and a few other stores) and go with an LED replacement globe. Not sure why I could not find them at the start of my searching.

3. There are plenty of options for LED replacements now on line which also reduces the "dimming" options due to the lower current draw

As a side note I have purchased LED globes at a premium price from Australian suppliers and had them fail, and I have purchased much cheaper ones from China without any failures. Go figure.
AnswerID: 509091

Sponsored Links