C1 satellite

Did everybody (but me) know that the frequency for the VAST service on this satellite has changed? I tried in vain for hours to find the signal a week or so ago not knowing.

George
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 17:05

Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 17:05
Yep there have been a few changes. A frequency change for sat finders Frequency Change for Sat Finder

ABC and SBS have moved to D3 ABC & SBS Changes You need a 10.7 Ghz LNB.

C1 and D3 are co-located so all the angles are the same.
AnswerID: 508934

Follow Up By: Macca - Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 19:53

Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 19:53
yep - that's exactly what I had to do. I emailed Satplus and they phoned me back and ran me through the re-programme.

Seems incredible that nobody can be bothered to email such a fundamental change to users - after all they register users and have most users email addresses.

If you haven't used the system for a while - I last used it in August last year - you aren't aware of the change of course

Thanks

George

FollowupID: 786561

Follow Up By: Member Andys Adventures - Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 08:05

Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 08:05
No Macca your not the only one, I spent 3 nights trying to set up and knew the angles as I had it working 6 months ago in the same spot. Thanks Rod for the info, set up only took 30 seconds. Now a happy traveller.
Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 786593

Follow Up By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 09:27

Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 09:27
When I stumble across things like this I try to post them on forums. I can envisage there may be more changes as VAST evolves. It looks like there may be a gradual shift of channels to D3 as C1 nears the end of it's life, in about 5 years or so.
All we mere mortals can do is to spread the word as those that should don't seem to be able to.
FollowupID: 786600

Follow Up By: GimmeeIsolation - Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 22:17

Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 22:17
You all might need to add another Forum to read also.
Has been talked about on a few other forums for many, many months now.
Will not mention them in case somebody gets their nose out of place but it has been around.
Yes, I am a registered VAST user also but there are bigger things to worry about than tuning the Sat, just relax and move it around for your meter.
Beam me up Scotty
FollowupID: 786675

Follow Up By: Macca - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 09:42

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 09:42
I thought I made it clear - moving around the dish (I suppose you mean) cannot help a user get a signal from the satellte. It's not the position of the satellite in space that's cjhnged - it's the frequency that the satellite is tuned to that they changed...no amount of fiddling with any other parameter could possible make it work. You had to now that a certain 5 digit number had been changed to another 5 digit number...quite a few combinaitions and permutations and combinations to try before you'd find the new number even if you knew that that was the change that had been made - and nobody knew!!!
FollowupID: 786705

Follow Up By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 13:46

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 13:46
Hey Gimmee what is the forum you mention, we can't read it if we don't know what it is. I'm sure noses would not be out of place if you do mention it's name or give a link. I give links to other forums on forums quite often and have never been chastised.
FollowupID: 786720

Sponsored Links