4wd1 Pty Ltd, Ironman suspension,How i found them

Hi all ,i hope you are all well.
Im just leaving a short message on how i found my dealings with John at 4wd1.I purchased suspension parts for my motor home that turned out not suitable.John then arranged for the parts to be picked up from my local garage in Melbourne,returned to his depot and then refunded my money.John also gave me advise on what to do and where i could take it to be modified.I have not dealt with a company that was so honest or helpful.I would recommend to any one that has suspension problems to contact them.I have never dealt with them before or know them but would not hesitate to use them again.Bye Stuart and Gunny.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Monday, May 13, 2013 at 09:26

Monday, May 13, 2013 at 09:26
Why are you recommending a company who's parts weren't suitable?
If they were sold for a particular application they should be correct and work as intended.

Who made the mistake of ordering the incorrect application of parts?
If it wasn't you then it is the company and they are retrieving their parts.
Communication of need may have been a problem.
Realizing the shortcomings and reducing possible negative repercussions they directed you to another supplier.

All pretty normal and should happen anyway, unless you expect them to be dishonest and have low integrity.
If that was your expectation then I understand the endorsement comment re the companies goodwill.
It is the lack of goodwill which usually sets buyer/customer against seller or Vice versa.

Sounds like a good , normal company attitude to a problem.
Perhaps car dealers could learn a thing or two.

Ross M
AnswerID: 510947

Follow Up By: Member - Ian H (NSW) - Monday, May 13, 2013 at 18:59

Monday, May 13, 2013 at 18:59
Ross. He was simply saying that they were honest in their trading.
Whether or not the goods were incorrectly supplied is not being discussed.
A positive comment would have been a better way to exercise your typing finger!
FollowupID: 789097

Follow Up By: Member - David M (SA) - Monday, May 13, 2013 at 21:33

Monday, May 13, 2013 at 21:33
G'day Ian. I think most members find it best to ignore the lectures from Ross. Just a case of attention deprivation in most cases. :)
David.
FollowupID: 789121

Follow Up By: Member - Stuart and Gunny - Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 01:43

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 01:43
Hi all ,Ross i think you are a drop kick and missed my point.Thank you Ian and David for seeing my point.My van is a fully imported Isuzu Rodeo 4x4 from Japan.It has a large body on the back with a lot of over hang.I contacted,Arb,Pedders,Freds suspension plus other company's to see what i could do to raise it.Freds in QLD would not touch it.Arb and Pedders plus others came back with there solutions.The one i found put the most time and thought into it was 4wd1.They also said that this is new ground and they dont know how it will work.They said any problems and they will do there best to help me.They stood by there word and have been a great help.No one ordered incorrect parts or sold them.I still have all emails and can back up what im saying.All i originally commented on was they where a great company to do business with.Bye and thanks .Stuart and Gunny
FollowupID: 789135

Follow Up By: Member - Craig F (WA) - Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 10:23

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 10:23
I have spent months setting up the suspension in my GU. For those that think you just drive in and get a set of XXX fitted and all is good you are missing out. I spent weeks researching to find out what it is I wanted. The company I went with then asked that I weigh the car on each corner loaded and un-loaded then give them the data to customise the springs and shocks to suit. After fitting the shocks I then had to measure the Bumpstops and adjust to suit the non OME closed lengths and adjust to suit. I have then the option to drive the car for a few weeks and have the shocks re-valved if I am not happy with the results.

In short what the OP received was understanding from the supplier. Suspension is not only a personal thing but is also subject to more variables than any other element on the car. He was willing to reassure his customer with an out if his expectations weren’t met.
A big tick for the company..

Craig
FollowupID: 789144

Reply By: Batt's - Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 17:51

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 17:51
Thanks Stuart & Gunny sounds like a good company to deal with if the parts wrong they fix the problem and don't try and run you around and then offer advice where to get help wish they all were like that.
AnswerID: 511174

Sponsored Links