battery collapse

Submitted: Monday, May 27, 2013 at 17:02
ThreadID: 102446 Views:1888 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, a good news one for me, bought 2 batteries for my troopy last april, and after a shortish trip recently no problems, but came to move troopy,on the weekend and sounded like one battery was failing. Called RAC today could not start it. Rac said one of the batteries had collapsed. I went back to battery world Maddington, and I wasn't sure what reaction to 12month warranty would be, having passed it by a month or so, really great response, they replaced the battery free of charge and with a smile, Thanks to Rob and staff, at Battery World Maddington, great service. Bob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Monday, May 27, 2013 at 17:24

Monday, May 27, 2013 at 17:24
G'day Bob
It is good to have the battery replaced.
Do your batteries sit on a rubber cushion plate and held rather than clamped into the tray?
To my mind having some sort of cushioning and not having them hard clamped into the tray will allow some degree or vibration dampening and therefore not stress the battery internals so much. Many trays only have a relatively hard mat and may contribute to battery failure if the battery is prone to failing or has a weakness in it's internals.

Cheers
Ross M
AnswerID: 511949

Follow Up By: Bob a3 - Monday, May 27, 2013 at 17:37

Monday, May 27, 2013 at 17:37
Thanks Ross I will do what you say, currently clamped in, wouldn't like it to happen out bush. I will check out cushion plates,or will put cushioning in them. I do carry a battery jumpstarter which worked well when my friends battery played up coming back from Alice Springs, but didn't help too much this morning. Cheers Bob
FollowupID: 790245

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Monday, May 27, 2013 at 20:46

Monday, May 27, 2013 at 20:46
Hi Bob. If a battery has got to the stage where it will not accept any input you can normally disconnect the leads from the battery terminal and put your jump pack alligator clamps directly to the leads. That bypasses the faulty battery and normally allows voltage to run the electrical circuit as necessary. Regards Bob
AnswerID: 511961

Follow Up By: Bob a3 - Monday, May 27, 2013 at 21:31

Monday, May 27, 2013 at 21:31
That is great, I wondered why my pack wasn't doing anything, I am not the greatest mechanical thinker. It has always done the job when a battery was dying, and then I would get a new one fitted, first time one has collapsed completely on me. Many thanks Bob
FollowupID: 790260

Reply By: DiscoTourer - Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 00:10

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 00:10
The guys at battery world maddington are terrifific. My old man had a problem with his bushtracker batteries a few years ago. Out of warranty. They made a call to the battery manufacturer, and did the deal and replaced all 4 at no cost to my old man.

I always use them for batteries and accessories.

Brett..
AnswerID: 512132

Follow Up By: Bob a3 - Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 09:40

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 09:40
Hi Brett, yes they are really good, I do get small battery packs, alarm batteries car batteries etc they are really the first place to go, and it is always good service. It is good that your dad got sorted, the sign of a good company is the after service, and word of mouth is good advertising. Thanks Bob
FollowupID: 790461

Sponsored Links