Ya gotta laugh

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 18:33
ThreadID: 10245 Views:1526 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
An overseas expat friend just forwarded this on to me. He reacons it's just good solid Aussie larakanism.

"Four youths from Canberra, Australia pulled off a trick of
breathtaking bravado in order to gain revenge on a mobile speed camera van operating in the area. Three of the group approached the van and distracted the operator's attention by asking a series of questions about how the equipment worked and how many cars the operator could catch in a day.
Meanwhile, the fourth musketeer sneaked to the front of the van and unscrewed its numberplate. After bidding the van operator goodbye, the friends returned home, fixed the number plate to their car and drove through the camera's radar at high speed - 17 times.
As a result, the automated billing system issued 17 speeding tickets to itself. Go Aussies!!"Carpe Diem
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jack - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 19:01

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 19:01
Love it !!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of a situation several years ago out near Broken Hill. Whilst travelling along we saw two young aboriginal kids holding a rough sign saying "Speed Trap Ahead". Naturally I checked my speed and kept my eye on it for a while ... sure enough, a little further on was a man in blue uniform using his hair dryer by the side of the road. I commented to my passengers on the cleverness of the kids. but about 500m further on (and out of sight of the law) were two more kids, holding a sign that read "Thank You". Naturally we tossed them a couple of bucks ... now THAT's enterprise.
JackNo trees were harmed in the making or sending of this message.
However a great number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
AnswerID: 45330

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 20:20

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 20:20
That is a good one!Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 45333

Reply By: Jon - '88 TD42 GQ - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:46

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:46
I have seen this one before - only then it happened in Britan and it was a group of locals. I smell a rat...
AnswerID: 45413

Follow Up By: Member - PatC - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 13:10

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 13:10
Or an urban legend in the making.Make plans... not excuses.
FollowupID: 307510

Sponsored Links