4wding Around Huggetts Crossing

Submitted: Friday, May 31, 2013 at 19:12
ThreadID: 102525 Views:2847 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there, planning a trip for the Queens Birthday Weekend and just looking for some harder tracks in the area.
All the cars will have at least 33" tires and we are looking for some of the more difficult tracks that can be accessed within a day trip from Huggetts Crossing.
This is for the Sunday as on the Saturday we are doing Ben Cruachan Ck Tk/Lower Block Tk and then Avon Rd.
I have been looking at the maps and tracks like Valencia Ck Tk, Left hand branch tk (upwards) and toggle hill tk all look very interesting.

Any replies are much appreciated
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Friday, May 31, 2013 at 21:57

Friday, May 31, 2013 at 21:57
Gday
Try Mt Margret track, that will take you up to Licola .

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 512290

Reply By: Member - Geoff M (VIC) - Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 15:33

Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 15:33
I'll agree with trying Mt Margaret Track which comes off the Avon Road. There are a couple of options to drop off such as Burgonyes gap track.

A good loop from Huggetts is the Lower Block and around via the Avon Track and Mt Angus back to Huggetts. With the recent rain the Avon could be quite interesting, maybe someone who has been there recently can enlighten you.

Huggetts can get quite busy on long weekends, maybe consider one of the nice campsites along the Avon Track if you want a little more privacy.

Cheers, Geoff
AnswerID: 512457

Reply By: Kyle M - Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 21:43

Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 21:43
Cheers Guys, we have planned to do Lower block, avon rd and mt angus track on the saturday. Then on the Sunday tackle some harder tracks like Toggle hill link track and left hand branch track. Map says left hand should only be travelled downwards, but we should be alright going up it.
AnswerID: 512484

Sponsored Links