Review: Victoria's Deserts 4WD Map

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 3/5

Just been to Sunset Desert over 2013 Queens Birthday weekend & stayed at Lake Crosbie camp ground (lovely relaxed time with actual water in the Lake ) using this map and the Vic Desert CD. Both lacked sufficient for on the ground detail to be particularly helpful. Sites indicated were too vague. eg the very track that leads to the Lake Crosbie camp ground it not actually shown on the map. Nor is the location to the Rocket lake camp site defined. No idea where the orche pit is, nor the Information site for the gypsum mining. Turns out the metal frame for the gypsum mine information board has its information board totally destroyed. The way the historic gypsum hopper further south was been destroyed despite been in a NP also by some young idiots in SA registered 4WD's removing the timbers from the top of this structure for fire wood there won't be much left to see either. The camp site on Henschke Trk was much closer to Nowingi Line Track than indicated on the Vic Desert map. Please note that the gas BBQ's lake Crobsie etc have been removed by Parks Victoria years ago after some stupid person burnt himself on one and sued Parks Victoria. Their response - removed the offending items!! Derrrr! (personal reference = Parks Victoria officer - Rob)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links