Comment: EOTrackMe

hi all,
here's an interesting observation with EOTrackme and the Iphone app. Having just returned from a short trip from Adelaide to Ceduna, Googs Track, Glendambo and back to Adelaide with the trackme app running I have apparently jumped from Glendambo to Melbourne and back in less time than it took to make our breakfast at Glendambo this morning. The only suspect here may be that I turn the phone off overnight and back on in the morning before travelling. I have seen some of the unlocked maps of others also show some odd travel patterns. Can anyone shed some light on this as those who were watching our travels were a little surprised at the Melbourne deviation :-)
Thanks, Bill
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Broodie H3 - Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 02:20

Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 02:20
hi Billg,
don't worry as I have been having difficulties with the track me site too, and it doesn't matter what settings I set it to I still get the same result some times it registers and sometimes it doesn't. the trip back from Geraldton didn't register, and I have not been able to determine why. the crew at this site have been fantastic, and I believe we are having difficulties with our computer and the gurus should be in tomorrow to sort it out, as I am not that computer literate. as fore your deviation I can be of no assistance, and I do apologise for that.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 513187

Follow Up By: Member - billg (SA) - Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 20:18

Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 20:18
Hi Broodie H3,
I was just putting it out there to see if any one else had the same issue. As this was my first real use of EOTrackMe I did expect some teething issues like missing logs etc. Don't understand the why a side step to Melbourne and back at lightening speed cropped up! Lets see if those who know better have any insight :-)
Bill
FollowupID: 791900

Reply By: Member - nick b - Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 12:04

Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 12:04
Hi Bill : Is that a straight line log to Melbourne from Glendambo .... if so might that be lose of GPS connection ????

cheers
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 513203

Follow Up By: Member - billg (SA) - Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 20:24

Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 20:24
Hi Ya,
Track log showed a straight line to Melbourne and back at lightening speed. Kinda cool really in a really fast Patrol :--0.
Interestingly after downloading the track log into Garmins mapsource the actual GPS points could be removed and a "real" tack displayed. I think next time out I will try to establish GPS connection on the Iphone before stoking up the Trackme App.

Bill
FollowupID: 791901

Follow Up By: Zebra400 - Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 05:07

Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 05:07
EOTrackME does not time stamp your positions on the website as you record them. It only uses the time you upload the data. I raised this issue a while back with Adele. Not sure where she is with fixing it.
FollowupID: 791925

Follow Up By: Member - nick b - Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:41

Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:41
Zebra : I'm no expert & dont really understand it ( you might like to explain more in regards to your reply "time stamp" ) but if the data recorded in phone is wrong would that explain it ?

I did ask in a GPS forum why straight line log & the reply was loss of satellite connection !!

I have notices what looks like other straight line log in the tack me upload logs so maybe other have the same problem ?

cheers
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 791946

Follow Up By: Zebra400 - Tuesday, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:06

Tuesday, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:06
Nick

I was going to have a look at your track, but I see you have it password protected, so I cannot help you more at this stage.

The issue of time stamping is that EOTrackMe does not time stamp each point with the time it was recorded. It shows all your positions at the time they are sent to the website.

The straight line you experienced infers that EOTRackMe was not running or had stopped without you noticing.

Laurie
FollowupID: 792000

Sponsored Links