Q for carazy merredin of wa RE: black box

Submitted: Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 11:41
ThreadID: 10320 Views:2173 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day
I am trying to recalibrate an electronic speedo ofter changing a gearbox. I saw your posting in October about a black box you bought for $120.00 from TISCO INSTRUMENTS.
Did it work?
Is there a model number or something?
I contacted TISCO and they quoted me "about $250 installed" but I am too far away for that.

Regards
Chris Ryan
Dubbo NSW
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 22:10

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 22:10
Chris.
There is a better way to solve your problem, in the gear box extension housing there is a toothed wheel that provides the pulses for the speedo, just slip of the exstension and swop over the wheels or count the no of teeth and make a new one. Eric.
AnswerID: 45752

Reply By: carazy merredin wa - Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 21:39

Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 21:39
Chris, it does work-I've done about 5k so far no problems. I got the speed & odommeter spot on. Real easy to install, there are only four wires-power, earth, speed signal in to the black box & speed signal out of the black box. Took a bit of nutting out which speed sensor wires to cut & solder in, but once this was done was piece of cake. Just sat black box on my leg & adjusted screw untill my speed was the same as the gps. I had about 40 km/hr range to play with. If yours is electronic this is the way to go as it is adjustable. Changing output shaft speed gears is time consuming, you may not be able to get the right ratio & hence speedo reading. Any auto sparky could fit it for you 1-1.5 hours-if that.
The black box is about the size of a pack of playing cards. On the sticker is says RATIO BOX APRA 1.00/D
I hope this helps-Carazy.
AnswerID: 45910

Reply By: WhiteNivaEFI - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 13:12

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 13:12
G'day
Thanks for the info, I will contact Tisco again. The box sound just what I want. My experience with changing gears is it is time consuming and not necessarily accurate. And if you change tyre size, you have to do it again.
I will let you know how I get on.

Regards
Chris
AnswerID: 46142

Sponsored Links