Fyrlyt light 12 month update

Submitted: Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 07:06
ThreadID: 103415 Views:3739 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
In July 2012 Fytlyt driving lights were discussed , and I am wondering what is the verdict now , are they as good as the website says , as I am in the market for a new set of good set of lights without paying a $1000 or more for good HID'S
Mick
Poppa Bear

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: coonick - Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 18:02

Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 18:02
I looked at these when in the market for lights, ended up with the britax xray hid`s.
Just my erratic way of buying things....
Everything I have read on the fyrlyt`s has been good, but honestly no one brand is a stand out anymore, many different name GOOD lights on the market which makes it that much more confusing.
NO and I mean NO light is worth more than $1000, regardless of what it alleged it can do.
Im sure you will be happy with the fyrlyt but again nothing in it between brands.
AnswerID: 515412

Follow Up By: olcoolone - Saturday, Jul 27, 2013 at 12:35

Saturday, Jul 27, 2013 at 12:35
There are many standout lights on the market, just that a potential buyer will make a decision on what the salesperson says and what they the buyer thinks warrants a good light, it could be the colour, shape, smell, feel or advertising or endorsements but has nothing to do with the actual lights performance or quality.

QUOTE "NO and I mean NO light is worth more than $1000, regardless of what it alleged it can do."

I have to disagree, there are many factors that come into play when designing and manufacturing a product...... you might have one light that has had 10 hours of development and cheap manufacturing processes compared with a light that might have over 3000 hours of development with higher quality manufacturing processes.

If we used your way of thinking there would be no point in spending over $23,990 on a 4x4.... thats what a great Wall cost!

There are many factors that govern the final cost of a product.

For example, LighForce use Gore-Tex in a few of their lights, the cost of the Gore-Tex may only be a few dollars but the cost of the licence to be able to say they use Gore-Tex may cost 10's of $$$$.

Dupont and 3M are the same, say you use their products and it will cost you.

Wine is a classic example, same process all the way through but why does one bottle cost $9.99 and another bottle costs $299... and there are many who buys premium wines.
FollowupID: 794713

Reply By: coonick - Sunday, Jul 28, 2013 at 00:48

Sunday, Jul 28, 2013 at 00:48
geez what a load of blah blah blah....none of it really has anything to do with the intitial question olcoolone !!!!!!
I stand by my comment of NO LIGHT worth more than a grand, even with your lame ass attempt to discredit me with your dribble..........
No car is worth $100000......simple as that.....no Toyota is worth the over priced cost they sell them for but.........people still buy them.
What was your point ????????
I was just making a comment to mick which states that fyrlyt are a good light and from what I have heard right up there with any other brand. aswell as adding to his comment about lights under $1000. of which I replied.....geeeeeezzzzzz
AnswerID: 515462

Follow Up By: DiscoTourer - Sunday, Jul 28, 2013 at 01:45

Sunday, Jul 28, 2013 at 01:45
Olecoolone was spot on coonick. He never intended to discredit you....he stated the he disagreed, and he is entitled to his opinion and explained why perfectly.

And the rest of what you state is your opinion....and I disagree with most of your dribble.

9 times of out 10, you get what you pay for.

Brett....
FollowupID: 794743

Follow Up By: olcoolone - Sunday, Jul 28, 2013 at 09:38

Sunday, Jul 28, 2013 at 09:38
Coonick, exactly what Brett said, forums are a good place to learn and everyone has a right to voice their views, right or wrong.

No use rolling up your sleeves and getting ready for a punch up.... it's not going to happen.

It's up to the individual what they want to buy and do with their lives, all one can do is offer advice, support and let the individual do what one pleases.

If we knew everything and all had the same views, what a dull boring place we would be living in.

All I said was and I'll use other words " there are many reasons why something that does the same thing can cost more or less" AND " there is a big difference in lights"..... how many have you tried, I've tried heaps over the years as I sell aux lighting the heavy vehicle, mining and earthmoving...... it's in my best interest to provide unbiased advice to my customers, to many places are driven by profit margins and will steer customers to on product due to profit or they have never used them extensively.

We have a range of light fitted to our work vehicles for one reason, to gauge how they work in general and against another model/brand plus we are able to show customers the difference.

I can't do that, if I sell 50 sets of one light to one customer and they fail or don't meet the customers expectations it make me look bad.

Lights come in all different shapes and sizes with different light patterns to suit different applications.... for example I would advise against buying Lightforce 140 and 170's if you do a lot of hills driving due to their narrower beam, but for some applications they are fantastic.

The only way one can say their light are the best and you don't need anything more is to try all the lights over a period of time in varying conditions.

Seriously if I was after a set of lights for general driving in the city and hills I would recommend the Hella 155 at about $150 per pair..... fantastic light output, very easy to drive behind and are small..... but they are not the best light, there is no best light.

FollowupID: 794756

Reply By: edwin - Monday, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:53

Monday, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:53
Hi Mick, I have had a set for around 6 months now, they are an awesome light, never had hid s so cant compare, Ive just got back from a big trip up the Cape and Gulf country, did some pretty feral tracks and never had to adjust or re tighten etc, they do draw some power but most newer 4wds have pretty good alternators so was never ever a a problem.
The wife complains a bit on the roads/hiways that the larger signs are very very bright with the spotties on, but I dont find it a problem.
On the trip north in western qld about midnight I came across a roadtrain that had just hit a herd of 30 cows and it was a nasty nasty sight, they asked if I had a gun to help put some out of there misery,but I couldnt help, at that time I am very glad that I had a decent set of lights but had to roll the swag out soon after as it really put the wind up me, I wouldnt of faired as well as the road train.
I got them off a fyrlyt reseller on ebay for a bit cheaper, around $500 . (RRP $594 I think)
You wont be disappointed, also they are completely Aussie made (except for the bulb) which I think is great
cheers
ed
AnswerID: 515532

Follow Up By: edwin - Monday, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:04

Monday, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:04
mick, just checked and the same guy that I got them from has them again, think i paid $500 plus $25 delivery.
FollowupID: 794818

Sponsored Links