Proposed changes to road rules.

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 17:10
ThreadID: 103502 Views:2426 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Some new changes are being proposed again in relation to Australian road rules.
To view these changes ( a long read) and if you want to comment on any of them, visit this site.

http://www.ntc.gov.au/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsId=400

This is the National Transport Commision.

Again, mobile phone/ gps rules are looked at being adjusted.
How to walk as a pedestrian ie with traffic coming towards you.
How to ride a bike.
Exemptions from seatbelts
Changing lanes
etc.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Lyn W3 - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 17:59

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 17:59
Interesting..............

Children under 7 in garbage trucks don't have to wear seatbelts.

And I don't have a bike license but I would have thought this was a no brainer:

Rule 271 – riding on motorbikes: to allow a rider to remove his/her feet from the footrest to manoeuvre the vehicle, such as reversing the bike into a parking space, or when the motor bike (at low speed <10km/h) is decelerating to come to a rest, or accelerating from a rest.
To further allow a rider to remove both hands off the handlebars when the bike is stationary but not parked.

One has to wonder how motorbikes are reversed into a parking space now.
AnswerID: 515718

Follow Up By: SDG - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 18:27

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 18:27
Lol.
I try not to. If I can get a drive though, I will take that anytime. Otherwise, i'm a law breaker.......lol Personally I never even knew about that law, even though I have been riding for yes.
FollowupID: 795036

Follow Up By: Bazza - Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 15:16

Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 15:16
1500 Goldwing has reverse.
FollowupID: 795087

Reply By: The Bantam - Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 09:16

Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 09:16
A couple of things.

WHY would we want to allow people to cross a double white line or a painted island to enter angled parking on the other side of the street.....the angle parks will be pointing the other way so this would necisitate a u turn across double white lines

Sorry why where those double whites there in the first place.

Then there is this crossing a continuous white line......plenty of people would be ignorant of the fact that single whites should not be crossed.........if they want people to cross a single white line...why is it there in the first place.

As for this stopping on pedestrian crossings.......yet another one.....I understood that a pedestrian crossing was a traffic way like any other and you should stop before it and not on it.......WTF...all we are doing with this is legalising peoples slackness

AnswerID: 515754

Follow Up By: SDG - Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 13:27

Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 13:27
Agreed.
Did you give your comments on the site?
FollowupID: 795084

Follow Up By: howesy - Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 18:50

Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 18:50
it's to cover for our police who regularly do all this just because they feel like it,, next change is to allow parking in "no stopping" zones to buy morning tea so they dont get into trouble for that either,,,,after all they weren't made no stopping because its dangerous were they
FollowupID: 795105

Sponsored Links