Waeco Fridge

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 12:36
ThreadID: 10356 Views:4029 Replies:7 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I have a waeco fridge/freezer which I bought second hand. The error light comes on a lot. It still works okay.
As I have not got a manual, Is there anyone who can tell me what this means?.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brett - Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 13:31

Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 13:31
Check out the Waeco website. There is a error explanation in the FAQ section (its a little hard to find). it is all in there.
AnswerID: 45869

Reply By: MickeyJ - Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 15:07

Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 15:07
Hi,

I have had similar problems with my CF50, and it turned out that the power plug on the side of the fridge was not contacting well. I pulled the plug on the power lead apart, and squeezed the contacts closer together. Never had a problem since. Some of the error codes are too do with low voltage.
AnswerID: 45873

Follow Up By: lazylcd - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 00:12

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 00:12
hi mickey,

just wondering how u got the plug apart, i think im having the same drama, do u need to cut it or??????? incase u dont get the info im reading, im talking bout ur fridge plug

Leighton
FollowupID: 308027

Reply By: Macca1 - Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 16:09

Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 16:09
Thanks for the info.

Macca
AnswerID: 45876

Reply By: Dave from Fraser Coast 4WD Club - Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 16:23

Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 16:23
One Flash

Can be caused by:

• Insufficient cable size
• Too many connections
• Poor connections
• Not designating fridge
with own direct circuit
from battery

Battery Protection Cut-Out

If the error light on your fridge flashes once every 5 seconds, it is definitely indicating that you have a voltage drop problem. This means that the wiring in your car may be inadequate to carry the correct amount of volts to the fridge. To test if this is the problem, plug the fridge into a suitable AC adaptor. If you find that the fridge works, you can eliminate that there is a problem with the fridge and the car wiring configuration or plug connections should be stringently checked.

We recommend car/motorhome/caravan wiring to be a minimum of 6-8mm cross section wire for up to 4 metres. Above this length the wiring would need an extra millimeter for every metre.

If the fridge does not work on the correct Waeco AC Adaptor, further investigation is required. Contact Waeco if this occurs.

Two Flashes
Fan over current cut-out

If the fan circuit in the control module has a load in excess of 0.5 Amps, the system will fail.

Three Flashes
Motor Start Error

If your error light is flashing three times every 5 seconds, the rotor may be blocked or the differential pressure in the refrigeration system is too high. Faulty compressor or faulty control module.

Four Flashes
Minimum Motor Speed Error

This failure occurs if the compressor is running slower than 1850 rpm.

Flash Flashes
Thermal cut-out of electronic unit

If the error light is flashing five times every 5 seconds, the refrigeration system has been too heavily loaded, or if the surrounding temperature is high, the electronics will run too hot. This is generally caused by not allowing enough ventilation around the vents of your fridge. To overcome this, simply ventilate your fridge more effectively.

so there you go, now you know.
AnswerID: 45881

Reply By: MickeyJ - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:17

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:17
The plug on mine had two screws holding it together. I had the problem early on, and got a different lead from the Waeco agent. The problem reappeared, but I then fixed it by tightening the contacts. Some of the plugs may be sealed? I spoke to the service people at Waeco (Michael Ellis, to see if they had a better design, but they denied any knowledge of the problem. Perhaps if they here about it a bit more they might fix it?
AnswerID: 46106

Reply By: MickeyJ - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:18

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:18
To diagnose mine, I found if I wiggled the lead going into the fridge I could get the error every time.
AnswerID: 46107

Follow Up By: lazylcd - Wednesday, Feb 11, 2004 at 00:46

Wednesday, Feb 11, 2004 at 00:46
yeah mickey , i was fitting my 240v adaptot to it and checked the cable with 1 of those +iv light testers, in the process i must have pressed the contacts apart, :( and mines a sealed 1, owell i'll just have to see wot i can do about it, thanks anyhow, perhaps i also need to buy a new cable or see tricky dickie, or something, by the way how much was the replacement cable from waeco ??
FollowupID: 308157

Follow Up By: lazylcd - Wednesday, Feb 11, 2004 at 00:46

Wednesday, Feb 11, 2004 at 00:46
yeah mickey , i was fitting my 240v adaptot to it and checked the cable with 1 of those +iv light testers, in the process i must have pressed the contacts apart, :( and mines a sealed 1, owell i'll just have to see wot i can do about it, thanks anyhow, perhaps i also need to buy a new cable or see tricky dickie, or something, by the way how much was the replacement cable from waeco ??
FollowupID: 308158

Reply By: MickeyJ - Wednesday, Feb 11, 2004 at 08:16

Wednesday, Feb 11, 2004 at 08:16
Hi,
My plug was replaced by Waeco under warranty (Many of their fridges have a 5 year warranty.) My thought if it happens again to me and I could not it get fixed under warranty would be to replace the whole plug and socket with a hard wired cable, or a more reliable socket. Perhap a "Hella" socket as these seem to work pretty well.

Michael
AnswerID: 46284

Follow Up By: lazylcd - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 02:05

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 02:05
thanks michael , cheers
FollowupID: 308302

Sponsored Links