camper trailer annexe

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 19:03
ThreadID: 10365 Views:3793 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I am intending to fit an annexe to my Coromal camper which ,for those who are not aware, is a similiar style of vehicle to a Jayco camper.

I have been advised by the camper salesman to fit a traditional annexe rather than a bag awning.

I gather that walls can be fitted to the bag awning to create an " annexe" however this arrangement, whilst quicker to set up, is not as stable in a blow as a traditional annexe.

I have been advised that the inconvenience of the minimal extra time to set up the traditional annexe and the storage of the annexe in the camper rather than in a bag on the side of the camper, are outweighed by the superior performance of the annexe.

I am also intending to fit bag flys to the camper.Do not know whether to have vinyl
or canvas.

Can anyone give me the benefit of their experience?

Phil

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Anthony - Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:00

Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:00
Hi Phil,

We have a Jayco Dove Outback and fitted an 8ft wide canvas annexe. We can set up the annexe with or without the walls as required as each of them zips on seperately.

We looked at the bag awning and decided on a canvas annexe. The bag awning was only available with a white vinyl roof, which 1. lets in more light than canvas, which makes it hotter inside (if you fit zip on walls as well). 2. I was told that the vinyl also gets a lot of condensation forming on the roof if walls are fitted.

With the above in mind, we purchased the canvas annexe, which still can be used as an awning only.

I also purchased the non-bag bed flys, that have the shade cloth sides.. These are great, you can see out but not in for when staying in a van park. If I am keen to see if I am able to have the same bed flys modified so they are fitted as a bag bed fly. This would speed up the setup of a camp.

I hope that helps - cheers Anthony
AnswerID: 45973

Follow Up By: phil - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 06:52

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 06:52
Thanks for the feedback Anthony.
It seems that an annexe and bag bed flys in canvas are the way to go.
Phil.

FollowupID: 308037

Reply By: Wombat - Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:30

Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:30
You're getting the Silhouette, Phil?"Live today as if there may be no tomorrow"

Wombat
AnswerID: 45975

Follow Up By: phil - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 06:59

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 06:59
Yes wombat,390-1.
Any progress with the storage bin for the annexe?
Phil
FollowupID: 308038

Follow Up By: Wombat - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:52

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:52
Hit me off forum if you would like further information about our setup.
Paul at backhouse-thomas dot com dot au"Live today as if there may be no tomorrow"

Wombat
FollowupID: 308053

Reply By: Anthony - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 09:32

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 09:32
Hi Phil,

Further to my above response, the bed-flys are not made of canvas. I don't think you would easly get canvas bed flys. The vinyl type of bed flys are fine for protecting the beds ends of the camper. It was only when you use the vinyl type for an awning and annexe that the issue of condensation and heat etc would be a bit of a problem.

Our bed flys are of the vinyl / plastic type with shade cloth sides. The bed flys prevent condensation forming on the inside of the roof of the bed ends, they also protect the bed ends from all the crap that falls from trees (sap & bird droppings etc) and with the shade cloth sides - you can see out but not in. So in this regard, I think that the vinyl / plastic type bed flys would be better than canvas.

I hope I have removed any confusion from my 1st reply - cheers Anthony
AnswerID: 46120

Sponsored Links