Mt Isa - Burketown - Borroloola: Road Conditions

Hi intrepid travellers, I am about to embark on a trip from Mt Isa to Lawn Hill NP, Burketown and up the Savannah Way to Borroloola. I have a hilux 4x4. I would like to know what the road conditions are like at this time please? What are the river crossings like? If you are able to help me out I would appreciate it.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony (ACT) - Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 14:38

Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 14:38
Last question first. no river crossings all mostly dry.

We came via the Savannah Alt route a couple of weeks ago through Bowthorn and Kingfisher Camp. Plenty of Bull Dust patches before you get to Kingfisher, but track is ok.

The rest of the way to Borroloola is good but either side of the Calvert River is a bit rough as is the last 30k into Borroloola.
AnswerID: 516179

Reply By: Member - Allan F (Gold Coast) - Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 19:41

Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 19:41
Travelled Burketown to Roper Bar 3 weeks ago. Roads in reasonably good condition. Keep tyre pressures and speed down and you will be OK. Watch out for mine vehicles as they don't slow down for anyone! Some river crossings but not much water in them, the deepest maybe a foot. Some bulldust and corrugations but nothing too bad to worry about. Some great country up there, if you get a chance call in to Lorella Springs and stay a few days, awesome place.
AnswerID: 516191

Sponsored Links